Is anyone here a Jehovah's Witness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone here a Jehovah's Witness?

I'm doing an ethnography paper for my Anthro class on JWs, and I need to start a dialogue with someone. If anyone is, or can point me in the direction of one, that'd be great.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Pray for one to knock on your door.

I live about 10 minutes walk from a JW church, yet have never had one knock on the door.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Same with me in the city I used to live in...

...makes me wonder...

::
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Well I come from a Roman Catholic family...but my Uncle (on my mother's side) is a Jehovah's Witness - he married into it....strange man...actually, his entire family is rather odd. I haven't spoken or seen him or his family in over 25 years...

Oh well, I guess this doesn't really help you Fabulous...

Comment

Why not just go to one of their churches? I'm sure they'd be willing to talk with you all day long.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I had some living next door when I was a kid. They came all the time-- every Saturday I think. The other day one approached me at Taco Bell and gave me some pamphlets. Sorry I didn't keep them.

I agree with Che-- you should seek contact. They'll be responsive, I'm sure.
            If playground rules don't apply, this is anarchy! -Kelso

Comment

If anyone was, believe me, you'd know.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I actually attended a Jehovah's Witness sermon one time (they called it something else like a meeting or something). The sermon was about how a college education is a bad thing. The guy said that young people should stay close to their families and the church lest they be corrupted by the horrible influences in the world. Given this philosophy, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that probably not to many Jehovah's Witnesses use the Internet and even if they do, Apolyton is definately one of those corrupting influences the guy was talking about.
                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I've been meaning to attend a JW service, just for the educational merit.

Plus, I would love to debate those people.

Comment

Don't go to their church to debate them. That's really low class.

Go to their houses.

Comment

I pass a Jehovah Witness "Hall" on the way to and from school everyday. That doesn't really help you though.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                        Apolyton is definately one of those corrupting influences the guy was talking about.
                        cool

Let's all throw a big corruption party here!
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Apolyton is more aethiest and agnostic than most places I've been.
                          Talk and chat in the Freebie and Webmaster Discussion Forums

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                            Don't go to their church to debate them. That's really low class.

Only on Saturday morning though.

Comment

It's not worth trying to debate them. Any argument based on "the bible says so" is a logical fallacy, but that's all you ever hear. Jesus says this, the bible says that.

Just remember. Satan put dinosaur fossils in the ground to trick man into betraying God, hehe.
                              "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Working...
                              X