No announcement yet.

chegitz and Bunnygrrl are screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now look what you've done, Floyd. I'm crying.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Boris, do you want a spanking for bad behaviour?

How much commission on currency exchanges do american banks take anyway?
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Che,
        PM me with the information also.

RAH
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Finally, Floyd made someone cry in a good way.

Starchild: Um, let me think about it...

(The spanking, I mean)
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

You guys are all great!

The most difficult thing is watching yourself slowly sink, bringing in just enough money to slowly lose everything. The worst thing is that being late on the rent absolutely kills my ability to pay other bills. No phone or electricity means no job searches, no email, no calls from recruiters (when they do come in--last was a few weeks ago, went on an interview too). As much as I enjoy being able to chat with y'all all day, I really want to work and make my own way.

At least this year I was smart enought to rip my CDs before I sold them. I was beging to look at my things and try and figure out what might sell on eBay.

What I am going to do is contact temp agencies and see about doing data entry. That should help me keep my head above water.

Again, thanks everyone.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Shame you can't find someone with some under the table work thus getting around the income reporting thing( Yes yes I know its not quite on the up and up wrt the IRS). Construction, odd jobs kinna thing.

Again my thoughts and prayers to Bunnygrrl and you.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

he's also getting funded by a catholic chairty, I found that ironic

Che, good luck man...

...but I honestly have a bit of reservation when you have DSL...not trying to be heartless or anything...but I think Eli alluded to a good point. Why have the internet when you can't pay the bills and stock your shelves with food. No good internet cafes in the area? Gotta prioritize, methinks.

Sincere wishes for best luck in the future
                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Well, I don't want to cheat the system (even if it has no qualms about screwing us). If I have enough, that money could go to help someone else who needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                    he's also getting funded by a catholic chairty, I found that ironic

Only once every 18 months though. Still, the electricity will be on another month.

...but I honestly have a bit of reservation when you have DSL...not trying to be heartless or anything...but I think Eli alluded to a good point. Why have the internet when you can't pay the bills and stock your shelves with food. No good internet cafes in the area?

I understand that senitment, and I considered it. But consider that I get all of my job leads through the internet. Without access I can't find work in my field.I long ago canceled the cable and wine clubs. That's $170 a month saved. We stopped going out to dinner long ago.

And no, there are no internet cafes, let alone good ones in our area. There's one about ten miles from here, but I' have to walk at least two miles after I got off the bus.
                    Last edited by chequita guevara; October 29, 2002, 16:36.

Comment

what are your qualifications? What kind of work are you seeking?
                      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

Back in my school days I resorted twice to selling my plasma at $20-40 ( I can't remember the exact figure) for beer money.

I made some beer money and was a very cheap drunk .

Hope you don't have to resort to such measures.
                        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I can't donate blood. I'm asthmatic. Last time I tried they told me I can't donate if I've had an attack within a month, which I always having. Otherwise, I'd be anemic.

orange, I'm a web designer with sven years experience hand coding html, desinging in photoshop, etc. I can do UNIX sys admin work, but they generally want someone with more experience (only did it a year). I'm gonna teach myself JSP (Java Server Pages), which I always in demand around here, and since the last place I worked I worked with JSPs coding the HTML part, I can use that to seguey into programming for fun and profit.

Comment

have you considered going to local area small businesses giving them a pitch, drafting up some nice web pages for them, and charging low prices? Host it for them on a basic server, use most of the $ to pay the bills, invest a little of it in getting better equipment or advertising, and working your way up?

It's how my friend and I made $5,000 this summer, and while he may be more qualified than you, I doubt I am. Plus you make a name for yourself, and it shows determination to employers AND the Unemployment office, just incase

Comment

That's a really good idea, orange. Drumming up business isn't something that comes easily to me, unfortunately. I really need to learn, though. If I could get the business part down, my talent and skills would free me.

Comment

Money problems suck. How old are you che? Are you telling me it never gets better?
                                If playground rules don't apply, this is anarchy! -Kelso

Comment

Working...
                                X