How tall are you? Does height matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loinburger
    I've noticed that sometimes very tall people (6'4 or taller) can be pegged as being dimwitted, but this might have just been due to unfortunate circumstances at my H.S. -- the two tightends on the football team were 6'4 and 6'5, and both were pegged as dunces (one of them was a dunce, but the other was pretty smart). I don't know if the dunce made everybody associate tall people with dimwits, or if the association was there ahead of time. I haven't known very many tall people since then, so I haven't been able to tell how they're treated in general.
    It's because they keep smashing their heads on door lintels causing themselves irreversible brain damage. Probably accounts for my high intelligence
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I think it's also because the air is so thin up around their heads that their brains are constantly starved of oxygen...
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Yes, that is very true.

I'd like to be about 6 foot tall myself, but I have to put up with being over half a foot less than that
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I think that it is because blood doesnt irrigate their brains properly.

Blood has to go upwards a larger distance.
          Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

6'4 I'm tall. never did me much good. I wish I was shorter...
            Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

191 cm or very slightly over 6'3".

Taller is better in my life. My wife is 185 cm (6'1") and when she was dating she hated going out with shorter guys. Apparently, they usually got all weird about her height and started doing odd, macho/rooster things to compensate. So, with her prejudice, if I was much shorter I would very likely not have the wife/kids/life I've got now.

Speaking of which, how many guys here have gone out with taller women successfully? I went out on a date with a woman that was 6'4" once and I have to admit, it did not go well. That was probably because I was transparently obvious in wanting to skip dinner and head straight for bed, but maybe I can blame my failure on height rather than hormones.
              What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by Plan Austral

In the american sistem how much is 1,80?
                I still dont understand their way of measuring height.
                180cm is about 5'11"

(That is 5 feet and 11 inches - there are 12 inches in a foot. Although it seems a stupid measurement it would actually be rather nice if we counted in base 12 since 12 is divisible by more numbers than 10 is.)

Comment

I'm about 6 foot, or whatever that is in centimetres (about 180 something, IIRC). Not overly tall, but tall enough to be taller than the rest of my family.
                  "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

6'4" is an insane height for a woman!
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Grrr!

I'm the shortest even on Poly?!

165cm, and **** you all.

175cm...180+cm... 190+cm? Bah!
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

For a bloke, yes, you are. That's why I am glad we have you around
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                          In a survey done last year (or at least I read it last year) the average height of the American male is 5'8" (173 cm).

So I'm average. I'm not short. I'm NOT. Ha. Mr. Average, yup.
                          that's a pretty low average.

would be interesting to compare with other countries' averages.
                          CSPA

Comment

I'm not going to come to any Apolytoners meeting unless Provost is there. Especially if Dalgetti style giants are also present.
                            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

the dutch are on average the tallest people in the world
                              Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

But my god man - she was like a 6'4" goddess! Blonde, "great tracts of land", a preference for knee high black leather boots. Oh man! It was like having dinner with a 14-year old's fantasy woman. All I could think about was what she would look like in a chain mail bikini. But the dismal conclusion of the date was not my fault, see, it's because she was taller than me. Not because I was acting like a drooling 14 year old. Oh no. Couldn't be that.
                                What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

Working...
                                X