• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

196cm (6'5"). Yes, height does matter.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Just over 6 feet, so somewhere around 183-4 cm. I have no concept of myself as tall though (although I am in comparison to many people at school) - I always feel short no matter what the situation. I tend to try and make myself smaller than I really am - I feel too intimidating if I'm too tall.
      "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        The only disadvantage I can think of is you can't be a jockey if you are over a certain height.
        Who'd even want to be a jockey?

I'm 1.60 m...Sometimes it's good to be small...but yes, sometimes it gives some disadvantages...
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'm 5'8" (173 cm).

I think taller people enjoy a bit more confidence, in general. There is a psychological advantage in being able to look down on most people (in the literal sense).

As for the taller man always winning the election...that's not true all the time. Gore was several inches taller than Bush, and I believe Mondale was noticeably taller than Reagan. I don't think Clinton was demonstrably taller than Bush Sr. Sure, Dukakis was a shrimp, but he had a lot of other things going against him. I'm not sure if Kennedy was taller than Nixon or not. And I think Ford was taller than Carter, wasn't he?
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Pretty short, 169cm (just under 5'7"). Certainly hasn't done me any favours, makes it harder to spread out the weight too...and I am always paranoid about my height.
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

182cm roughly. That's pretty much the perfect height I would say. Not short enough to give me an inferiority complex, or to be shorter than the women I would date. Not tall enough to be gangly and awkward.

Comment

Hovering around 6ft.
                "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                Drake Tungsten
                "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                Albert Speer

Comment

In the american sistem how much is 1,80?
                  I still dont understand their way of measuring height.
                  Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

Originally posted by Plan Austral

In the american sistem how much is 1,80?
                    I still dont understand their way of measuring height.
                    See, it's easy. We take the length of our Pharoah's forearm and...
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

1m96, or 6'5" for the Yanks and Brits.

Height does matter, then again as a basketballer and rower I would say that. Helps in the pulling stakes too (most girls rather have someone taller than them).

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

See, it's easy. We take the length of our Pharoah's forearm and...

Sadly, I dont have a real size photograph of Bush in my bedroom to check.
                        Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

5'10" (183ish CM I think), about average...
                          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

182 cm (6'0). I'd take another centimeter or two, but no more than that -- some spaces are cramped as it is, no reason to increase the problem.

I've noticed that sometimes very tall people (6'4 or taller) can be pegged as being dimwitted, but this might have just been due to unfortunate circumstances at my H.S. -- the two tightends on the football team were 6'4 and 6'5, and both were pegged as dunces (one of them was a dunce, but the other was pretty smart). I don't know if the dunce made everybody associate tall people with dimwits, or if the association was there ahead of time. I haven't known very many tall people since then, so I haven't been able to tell how they're treated in general.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

In a survey done last year (or at least I read it last year) the average height of the American male is 5'8" (173 cm).

So I'm average. I'm not short. I'm NOT. Ha. Mr. Average, yup.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Loinburger--it's jealous short persons with a Napoleon complex lashing out at tall people, actually.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X