No announcement yet.

D.C. Sniper Reportedly Leaves Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, his kill / death ratio is really lousy.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Signs don't point to a professional.

First, he's using .223 / 5.56mm ammo...IIRC, that can kill, but it's better used for armor piercing. If he was really serious, he'd be using 7.62mm rounds for maximum effect. From what I've read, 5.56 is easier for untrained or informally trained snipers to shoot.

But then again, it's been years since I've shot, so I am veeeeeeeeery rusty.

Also, I'm watching live coverage of a gas station death in Manassas, VA. They're not confirming or denying anything.
      If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Jan 20 Mar 13 May 4 Jun 25 Aug 16 Oct 7 Nov 28

The above days are candidates for the birthdate of the killer, who may have washed out of the military.

Comment

38 yr old white male detained...

Comment

link?

Comment

yes a link dammit!!

What some of you don't realize (I think, I haven't read the whole thread) is the 13 yr old kid getting shot might be an entirely separate crime. ie a copycat crime. So that card left might not relate to the original 5 shootings.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                You can match casings to bullets.
                Is that possible in instances where the bullet fragments, as is often the case with this kind of round?

Comment

wouldnt it just be easier to match casings to firing pins?
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                    But they match the shell to the earlier shootings which would seem to exclude a copycat.

Of course it could be a police ploy to get him to reveal something of himself. Serial killers hate it when false info is spread about them.
                    AFAIK this is the first shell casing that has been left behind, previous reports have only mentioned bullets and bullet fragments. This is a great clue potentially, as there may be a fingerprint, and the mark left by the firing pin will likely be better evidence than a bullet fragment.

As for the psychological profile, I think Chief Moose's interview got to this guy, and part of him wants to get caught and stop this. The rest of him that was so f***ed up that he was capable of this in the first place rationalizes this into playing cat and mouse with the police. Thus a clue, finally.
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

So, who wants to move to Washington DC? A friend said she was going to, but that was before the shootings. Wonder what she feels now...

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,65275,00.html

Quickest one I could find for the guy detained. Doesn't sound like their man.
                        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

"So, who wants to move to Washington DC?"

Montgomery County, where most of these shootings are taking place, has a murder rate in line with most European countries.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Come on people!!

The casing was only left at 1 location. Doesn't that clue you in that this is a completely separate incident? This is a copycat.

Comment

I think it's a copycat, but that dosen't mean that I'm not going to leave my options open.

Comment

and of course even if it is a copycat he needs to be caught as well.

But the card seems strange to me. That is why I think it is unrelated to the others.

Comment

Working...
                                X