Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIERD HYPOTHETICAL: Your thrown back in time 600 years, what do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boann
    you know if you take with you all that way out stuff
    they would just burn you at the stake thinking you a witch or wizard.
    folks back in that time were very supersitious.
    That was my first thought -- I'd end up getting killed pretty quickly.
    The true nature of a man is shown by what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      I'd take a list of where each of you was going, then show up and kill you and hide your body before you could do any damage to history. Then I'd fling all of the corpses in Stromboli and pitch myself in aftwards.

BTW, I'm wondering how any of youn could carry a tank in your arms, let alone a battleship.
      You could always go with the fixed path view of time:
      Whatever you try to do to change history is doomed to fail, as your actions merely help along the events that have already occured.
      The true nature of a man is shown by what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Comment

Hmm, I'd go back to Uni to get my medical degree. Then, in an act of unspeakable blasphemy I'd claim I was Jesus Christ, come to liberate mankind. I'd heal the sick and order the pope about. Form another crusade to liberate the Holy Land, kick turkish butt, then ascend heaven...

fair?
        Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          I'd take a list of where each of you was going, then show up and kill you and hide your body before you could do any damage to history. Then I'd fling all of the corpses in Stromboli and pitch myself in aftwards.

BTW, I'm wondering how any of youn could carry a tank in your arms, let alone a battleship.
          No when he went to "tank with supplies" I upped the ante to something really able to control the world for the time to come.

Maybe that would be the latest US secret instant-inflattable nuclear battleship project where you have all the ingredients for a full battleship with the crew in the special carry pack, that you only add some ORMUS white gold dust , leave it on overnight in the deep water and when you come back you have the whole thing floating.

And than you go around, come to Venice and say listen to me or else

However being a Croat I would probably choose the center of the world to be Dubrovnik, and sink pesky Venetians anyway
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
            Nuke Baghdad?? You dont need to go back anywhere. Just wait a couple more weeks....

(yes in 1400 Bagdad was considered the most advanced city in the world)

Note: Not so. Venice was considered the best city in the world in 1400, by Europeans. Muslims happened to agree.

The claim was true in 1000, but by 1400, Europe was leaps and bounds ahead of the muslim world.
            Last edited by Faeelin; October 7, 2002, 20:47.

Comment

I wouldn't want to go back in time - no internet.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
                A tank and supplies for it. I could take over in the space of a few weeks
                Watch out for spearmen!!!!!!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

First I'd take a way to come back.

I'd take medicine, science, math and medical texts. I'd give those to somebody from that era that could possibly understand them. Or several such people.

I'd do a little partying with the maidens, steal a bunch of things and press the way back button to the present.

Then I'd see what had changed.
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                  X