Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIERD HYPOTHETICAL: Your thrown back in time 600 years, what do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would dress in some bullet proof west, and start a college until some jellaous landlord tries to kill me, (that is if no weapons are allowed to take with me) .

The college would be free, and I would try and build a state around it, probably the location of choice would be San Marino or Liethenstein, or I'd try to find some relativley peacefull place where most of the locals would let me do what I want. And if I'd be allowed to take a laptop with me... huuuuu...
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

A tank and supplies for it. I could take over in the space of a few weeks
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I will write a religious book. In this book, people could read that the next Messiah would be Zobo Ze Ultimate Warrior, and that all girl (<30 y) doing love with him will gain the eternal life.

Changing pasts events is always paradoxal.
        Zobo Ze Warrior
        --
        Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
          A tank and supplies for it. I could take over in the space of a few weeks
          Take over what? You're one guy in a tank. You can only be in one place at a time, and it's going to have to be a pretty small place at that. Sure, you could gather followers, but how long is it going to be before some big bruiser with a sword thinks, "Without his tank, that pasty-faced 20th-century geek would be nothing and I would be king...and he's got to sleep sometime..."
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Well europe for a start maybe Paris and then onwards.

Have you any idea what effect a tank would have on people who think a water wheel is the height of industrial sophistication.

I'd be a God. and if any bruiser wanted to try it on with his sword then bring him on
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

As many antibiotics as I could carry and spices.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Well europe for a start maybe Paris and then onwards.

Have you any idea what effect a tank would have on people who think a water wheel is the height of industrial sophistication.

I'd be a God. and if any bruiser wanted to try it on with his sword then bring him on
                Why am I having sudden flashes of the soldier in Apocalypse Now who is killed with a spear, and whose last words -- as he looks down, incredulous that that such a primitive technology could have felled a soldier of the most technologically-advanced nation on earth -- are simply, "a SPEAR?!"
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

i'll keep my flack jacket on.

I'll take an apc with me and do it out all nice so i can sleep comfortabley.

Comment

Takeovers, hmm ?

I can see two options, and roaming around in a tank isn't really one.

You either convince some leader that you can conquer a ****load of land for him. Although be careful; France's Charles VI may not be the best idea, for example... anyway, either go with the reward, or if you're adventurous, take over...

Or you use the instability in Italy and make your own company as a condottiere, and carve out your own fiefdom.

An interesting question is how long it would take with all current knowledge to bring your little land up to modern status. It's not only the know-how, but the training of peopel and the infrastructure to build mostly from scratch... ugh.

Comment

In my tank i roll up to the doors of the king/queen/ emperos palace, demand they swear an oath of loyalty, when they refuse i let loose a few HE rounds Bingo I'm in charge.

Comment

I think the Americas would offer more possibility. The Conquistadors were viewed as Gods for a while. By acting a little nicer they could have had it pretty good (though I wouldn't find Aztec life appealing myself). It also seems like a much more healthy area in general.

I'd choose the San Deigo area... Not much world domination potential, but perfect weather, nice beaches, sparsly populated, and the Kumeyaay sound like decent people.

Comment

In my tank i roll up to the doors of the king/queen/ emperos palace, demand they swear an oath of loyalty, when they refuse i let loose a few HE rounds Bingo I'm in charge.
                          #

LOL

Rather efficient idea... however if they decide to run, you would have to bring with you an oil rafinery for support.

In that case I think that a helicopter would have more of and effect for a claim to be GOD than a tank.
                          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                            I think the Americas would offer more possibility. The Conquistadors were viewed as Gods for a while. By acting a little nicer they could have had it pretty good (though I wouldn't find Aztec life appealing myself). It also seems like a much more healthy area in general.
                            They could have acted like the messengers of Quetzalcoalt, "Le serpent à plumes", their first god . A "good" one, who liked humans (maybe he created them) and refused blood sacrifice but if it was bird or snake.
                            Zobo Ze Warrior
                            --
                            Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
                              #

LOL

Rather efficient idea... however if they decide to run, you would have to bring with you an oil rafinery for support.

In that case I think that a helicopter would have more of and effect for a claim to be GOD than a tank.
                              Yeah that is a problem, i intend to define the term supplies as loosely as possible.

So in effect i am taking a tank and and entire logistic support unit.

Comment

When we are talking support than it would be the best to take a Battleship on nuclear power with the crew. Well than... you could rule that is for sure as long as you are there, not just Europe but everywhere and there is no need for a laptop either you have all you need on board....

Comment

Working...
                                X