Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all Canadians...how would you fix our military?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frogger 1 - Drake 0
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I fail to see what is contradictory about "high precision B-52 strikes". You might have a point if Ned talked about "high precision carpet bombing", but he didn't.

Think about it. "Jumbo shrimp" is an oxymoron because the two words have opposite meanings. "High precision" and "B-52 strikes" don't have a similar type of opposite meanings. It's not an oxymoron.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

B-52s were designed for carpetbombing, but they are now used for other uses. That's why it's an Oxymoron.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          I fail to see what is contradictory about "high precision B-52 strikes". You might have a point if Ned talked about "high precision carpet bombing", but he didn't.

Think about it. "Jumbo shrimp" is an oxymoron because the two words have opposite meanings. "High precision" and "B-52 strikes" don't have a similar type of opposite meanings. It's not an oxymoron.
          What Asher said. Actually, it's even worse: IIRC, the B-52 was originally designed as a strategic nuclear bomber.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

B-52s were designed for carpetbombing, but they are now used for other uses. That's why it's an Oxymoron.

As Frogger said, the B-52 was designed for strategic nuclear bombing, not carpet bombing.

Anyway, if you know anything about the B-52, you would know that it has been carrying high precision weapons for over a decade. Started carrying ALCM's in the late 80's and now carries a wide range of laser and GPS guided munitions. Lots of coverage of this type of role for the B-52 in Afghanistan.

If you knew anything about modern military technology, you would know that "high precision B-52 strike" is no longer an oxymoron. As my original point was that you weren't really up on your military tech, I think my point has been proved nicely.

At any rate, I was just taking the piss out of you. As much as you've insulted Ned's intelligence, I figured you could use a little taste of your own medicine.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

As Frogger said, the B-52 was designed for strategic nuclear bombing, not carpet bombing.
              Was it only for strategic nuclear bombing?

I'm pretty sure it was designed for both.

Comment

Was it only for strategic nuclear bombing?

No, it was designed just for strategic nuclear bombing, IIRC. It ended up being well suited for convential bombing as well and later models built on this ability.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Anyway, if you know anything about the B-52, you would know that it has been carrying high precision weapons for over a decade. Started carrying ALCM's in the late 80's and now carries a wide range of laser and GPS guided munitions. Lots of coverage of this type of role for the B-52 in Afghanistan.

If you knew anything about modern military technology, you would know that "high precision B-52 strike" is no longer an oxymoron. As my original point was that you weren't really up on your military tech, I think my point has been proved nicely.

At any rate, I was just taking the piss out of you. As much as you've insulted Ned's intelligence, I figured you could use a little taste of your own medicine.
                  Unfortunately, I don't fel as thouygh you've succeeded. It's one of the perils of arguing with a man with an ego like mine.

Seriously, though, I was well aware of the fact that B-52s generally carry precision munitions nowadays. Believe me or not, it's up to you...

In other words, try again honey, cuz you lookin' like a scrub from up here.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

In other words, try again honey, cuz you lookin' like a scrub from up here.

I think I found that funnier that it was intended...

Comment

• I generally freak people out when I talk in ghetto-speak...

They just don't think I'm hip to the jive...but I am.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• You betta back up out my grill before I bust a cap in yo punk ass. Don't hate tha playa, hate tha game.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Hockey Game!
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Hookey!
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Now that would be cool. Starting a thread!
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Frogger's attempts at "ghetto-speak" made me think of this...

The Onion brings you all of the latest news, stories, photos, videos and more from America's finest news source.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X