Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all Canadians...how would you fix our military?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew1999
    I've seen some serious predictions that Anglo-Canada will join the U.S. soon. The trigger will be Quebec finally declaring independence, then the Maritimes join the U.S., and then the rest of Canada comes along. This whole process is supposed to be complete by 2010, so you people in Quebec City better get going if you want to stay on schedule.
    Hah....

In 8 years I'll be laughing even harder at this statement.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
      Hah....

In 8 years I'll be laughing even harder at this statement.
      I certainly don't think all anglo provinces will join the US, but there are a couple that are heading that way.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Sure Asher. Your ego might be enormous, but we don't count you as a province all by yourself quite yet.
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Sure Asher. Your ego might be enormous, but we don't count you as a province all by yourself quite yet.
          Denial Denial Denial
          Typical easterners downplaying Western alienation and discontent
          [/western whining]
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Sigh. We've had 300 years of discontent and alienation in my province. Get used to it: no matter what it looks like, nobody's ever going to leave...
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Sigh. We've had 300 years of discontent and alienation in my province. Get used to it: no matter what it looks like, nobody's ever going to leave...
              If Quebec bordered on a nation it very much agrees with politically, don't you think a helluva lot more people would have voted to join that country rather than stay in Canada? You should also factor out all of the government aid Quebec gets. And the fact that most PMs are from Quebec.

They're different situations, because Quebec is chicken**** and doesn't know what it wants doesn't mean Alberta will be in 20-30 years.

Comment

We don't want any Canadian provinces.

We have a nice, even number of 50 states. Why ruin that?
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Snore. Alberta's been discontent for 80 years and it hasn't gone anywhere either...

The reason you're getting all the attention nowadays is that Quebec's calmed down so the media needs somebody to focus on.

Canada's like a never-ending reverse episode of Big Brother...everybody wants to leave but they can't...
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Discontent is on the rise in Alberta, unless you want to assert it's falling?

The 80 years comment is curious, Alberta wasn't very financially well off for the past 80 years, it's only recently.

Comment

Economic situation has nothing to do with being a bunch of whiners.

You are and so are we. Get used to it...
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

We interrupt this hockey game in the making to say:

Originally posted by RedFred
                        Step 1 to a more effective military: vote out the Liberals.
                        That was the most useful bit vis-a-vis the thread topic.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Economic situation has nothing to do with being a bunch of whiners.
                          I'd be willing to bet most of the people who voted to stay part of Canada during the last poll in Quebec did so because they knew they'd be financially better off as part of Canada than alone.

Comment

Question: Why does Canada need a more effective military?
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                              In the event Canada wanted to join the US, we would be the one picking and choosing the provinces we let in.
                              No Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and PEI? No oil for you!

We may be red necks, but we are loyal red necks.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                                Question: Why does Canada need a more effective military?
                                To quell the angry civilians, since most of Canada doesn't want to fix the problems but just tell everyone to deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X