Something about liberals really angers me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something about liberals really angers me

A lot of liberals today are saying that they're totally against the Afghan campaign. They say peace is the answer and that going around and killing innocent people isn't a good idea just because we got attacked. The blame the government for attacking Afghanistan. I do believe that peace is the answer-that retaliating won't solve anything. But we're taking out potential threats towards our nation, and I think it's worth it. We're not going around killing innocent people. In fact, we're helping Afghanistan. We're freeing them from a tyrannical government and setting up one completely set by the people. And also, I hate it when they blame it on the government. After Sept. 11, when the people saw that many Afghanis and other arbs and terrorists supported these attacks and cheered them on, they were hellbent for war. The whole country was screaming for it, and the government gave them what they want. And now they blame the government for doing it and now they're saying peace is the answer when they started it. Sometimes I'm frustarated with the short-mindedness of Americans.
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

We're freeing them from a tyrannical government
    Tyrannical by our standards. And yes, I agree it was tyrannical, but it seems many Afghans preferred the Taliban over the Warlords that have taken over the outer regions of the country.

and setting up one completely set by the people.
    So when did these elections take place? Actually it is a handpicked US govt. with friendly views to the US. Although many were in power before, so I guess you could say some people in Afghan. support it as well.

But it certainly was not chosen simply by "Just the People" of Afghan.

Comment

And certainly saying that this is "something about liberals" isn't really true. You're saying that some people are totally against the war, but that's not a cornerstone of any kind of liberal policy. It's just from a vocal group either trying to do some rabble rousing for political power, or those who aren't in line with the rest of Party thought at this time.
      Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

Many people feel that armed conflict is a no-no in almost all cases.

Have they lost the nerve? I don't know, but I can't agree that that would be a good policy to follow in this world at this time.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Don't let other peoples political opinions bother you personally.
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

well that's liberals for you. If they had their way everyone would work for the goverment. the goverment solves all problems

Comment

But we're taking out potential threats towards our nation, and I think it's worth it. We're not going around killing innocent people.
              But, in fact, we have and continue to kill innocents.
              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

There will never be a war without some dead innocents.

It ain't gonna happen.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Re: Something about liberals really angers me

Originally posted by johncmcleod
                  But we're taking out potential threats towards our nation, and I think it's worth it. We're not going around killing innocent people.
                  Actually, the US has killed innocent people; people's whose only mistake was being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's fair to say the US government tried to minimize civilian casualties and that the use of high tech weapons for the most part achieved the objective of minimizing these deaths, but to say that the US has not killed any innocent people is completely false.

Many people objected to the American invasion of Afghanistan because it was a questionable method of achieving the desired objective of capturing Osama, such as pressuring the Taliban to turn him over to the US.

Would a diplomatic strategy have worked? We'll never know. Did invading Afghanistan work? Only time will tell.
                  Golfing since 67

Comment

Re: Re: Something about liberals really angers me

Originally posted by Tingkai
                    Many people objected to the American invasion of Afghanistan because it was a questionable method of achieving the desired objective of capturing Osama, such as pressuring the Taliban to turn him over to the US.
                    Capturing Osama was not the only objective.

Demonstrating to governments everywhere that your country could be taken apart if you harbour terrorists was part of the programme.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                      There will never be a war without some dead innocents.

It ain't gonna happen.
                      Sorry, that's what we should be aiming for. 0 civilian casualties. I wouldn't tolerate anything less from the greatest most advanced fighting force the planet has ever seen.
                      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

You shoot for that Orange, but don't ever expect it's going to happen. It is not possible. In the last event, human beings make mistakes.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

i'm talking about Afghanistan...our goal was not to declare war on a country, but to surgically remove a few chioce 'leaders'

We failed to do our job correctly on several occasions. We're making the same mistakes we made throughout the 70s and 80s.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Something about liberals really angers me

Originally posted by notyoueither

Capturing Osama was not the only objective.

Demonstrating to governments everywhere that your country could be taken apart if you harbour terrorists was part of the programme.

Getting Osama was the prime objective.
                            Golfing since 67

Comment

Afghanis and other arbs
                              Something about conservatives really angers me, namely their ability to believe that a nation that includes indo-european pashtuns and a variety of turkic people is an any way "arb"
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X