Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Just In: Iraq Concedes to Inspections...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad, I thought you were implying that it would have no effect at all.

Personally, I'm perfectly happy to see Bush delayed a bit. Now if only Saddam would take the next logical step and find a country to take asylum in (the only retirement for dictators other than death), we can get a bloodless "regime-change.

Too bad dreams and reality rarely collide.
    Fitz. (n.) Old English
    1. Child born out of wedlock.
    2. Bastard.

Comment

Now the world will love Bush for averting war...

Comment

That's gret news for weapon business. Everyone will have more time to strengthen their armies, and thus to buy more weapons, until the inevitable slaughter of innocent Iraqis riddance of Saddam which will bring some collateral damage.

I bet more than 0.2% of this year's growth in the US will come from the delay (of course, if you prefer taxpayer's money going to schools or hospitals, you're screwed
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln
          Now the world will love Bush for averting war...

The world... love Bush....

Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Except Lincoln, does anyone in America love Bush ? (no need to mention the world )
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
              Except Lincoln, does anyone in America love Bush ? (no need to mention the world )
              Love...

Nahhhhh...
              But I still prefer him over the alternative... Gore was even more of a Bozo...
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I shall make an exellent Fuhr ... baaah, I mean President

Comment

So far, Bush hsan't had a chance to deal with anything but terrorist activity, and so far he's done just fine.
                  That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I have to say that I'm rooting for Saddam to make the US and Britain appear like the bad guys. Maybe if there's enough public outcry will have to give up on this misadventure. Even with we succeed Bush won't be satisfied until we attack every country on his "axis of Evil" list. It's better if the US is stopped from preemptive unilateral attacks on countries now rather than later.
                    ku eshte shpata eshte feja
                    Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

Saddam is working on his nukes as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Thucydides
                        I have to say that I'm rooting for Saddam to make the US and Britain appear like the bad guys.
                        That's not fair, we don't want it. It just seems that Mr. Blair has decided that democratic institutions are boring and has declared himself King.

Comment

Oh sorry. I thought that the world would give Bush the credit for averting this war. I guess that he just can't do anything right. Funny that now that Sadam has agreed to the inspections it will only take one UN resolution to allow immediate enforcement when he renigs again. Then it will be a UN supported war with the support of some neighboring arab states as well. Bush is brilliant.

Comment

If Hussein can pull that off, he's got much more brain activity than I give him credit for, Thucydides.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

How much did you want to bet that the Inspectors will actually be allowed to find anything?
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Economical slowing ?
                                World pollution agreements ?
                                Bringing Russia into the West side ?
                                Watching China's rise ?
                                Intervening in Middle East crisis ? (ok, that' partly related to terrorism)
                                Strenthening economical and political bond with American neighbours ?
                                Cleaning the rotten parts of American economy (Enron) ?

Bush had a lot to do, and did some things fairly, some others badly. But saying he would just show his skill about terrorism is buying the lie spread by official propaganda : we shouldn't allow the slaughter of innocent American people (and its consequences) mask the rest of his work.

Comment

Working...
                                X