Teach me Poly history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teach me Poly history

What are the most important dates, events, groups in Poly history?

I know a little about Black Saturday when Ming ended up banning half the OT, or so it seemed.

Area 25: I think i've got this one figured out.

The ACOL/POLY war: I've seen enough on this.

What is the Green Army?

How many names has Spink/bods/whatever his name is now had?

What else is there?

ok, who was going to build a page for this? So we can redirect all this kind of posters to a poly history FAQ?
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

What is the Green Army?
      Something something Sergeant Sheets something something something CTP Off-Topic something something invasion. All clear now?

How many names has Spink/bods/whatever his name is now had?
      Let's see now:

Stewart Spink
      Old Major
      Dookie
      Nimrod
      Warning:
      Infatuation (I think)
      Chasing Rainbows
      Boddington's

Current combination name is Chaspink Nimdoowarntuation's. Hmm, that's lacking any mention of Old Major. How about... Old Chaspink Nimdoowarntuation's?
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Area 19 which was similar to area 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu

Something something Sergeant Sheets something something something CTP Off-Topic something something invasion. All clear now?
          no

Comment

Stefu u silly nu-b!
            Green Army had nothing to do with any invasion!
            The Green Army was a few people, led by Imran, who wanted to gain control and such in poly. This was before we actually had an off-topic moderator.
            The invasion went into an age of empires forum where basicalkly on behalf of Apolyton Stewart Spink and YYYHey went and posted insulting crap.
            They were permabanned.
            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

imran was in on it? then how come he wasn't banned?

Comment

You'd notice that the Green Army and the invasion weren't related, if you had read what I wrote…
                "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                Drake Tungsten
                "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                Albert Speer

Comment

How did they justify banning people for actions done on another forum?
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

i know that part. gamestats was hosting poly as well as the age of empires site. they told markos to permaban the two offenders

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                      How did they justify banning people for actions done on another forum?
                      Since when did the moderators ever need justificatin?
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Where to go for Apolyton history:

How accurate it is I don't know. I haven't been here THAT long. I sure wasn't here for Area 25. I think I got that link from a thread asking who has been banned and for how long.

Edit:

Link is now fixed. Somehow I had two copies of the link strung together.
                        Last edited by Ethelred; September 16, 2002, 14:14.

Comment

the link doesn't work

Comment

* invokes the Evil Force *

... NYM ...
                            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Your right. Odd since I went to the site to make sure it was up and took it from the address bar.

Thats it again. I hit the preview this time and it worked when I clicked on the link in the preview.

I will try and edit the first post.

Comment

Working...
                              X