Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Majority of Canadians polled say US partially to blame for 9-11

From the Globe and Mail:
    "A vast majority of Canadians believes the United States bears at least some responsibility for the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks because of U.S. policies in the Middle East and around the globe, according to a Globe and Mail/CTV poll."

"In the Ipsos-Reid survey -- which polled 1,000 Canadians last week -- 69 per cent of respondents said the U.S. shares some of the responsibility for the attacks, while 15 per cent said all of the responsibility sits on American shoulders."

"I think this is Canadians saying, 'You are bound to get stung when you stick your hand in the hornets' nest looking for honey,' " [John Wright, vice-president of Ipsos-Reid] said. "But I don't think this is evidence of people saying they deserved what they got at all."
    Golfing since 67

duh
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

duh

My sentiments exactly.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

What percentage can name the "policy" exactly, that made them responcible?

Answer is none, Bin Laden's radical Islam blames the west for everything, and he interprets the Koran as saying "do not accept an unbeliever, destroy him".

99% of New Yorkers think that anyone who believes the US was responcible for the worst terror attack on it's self in history are idiots.
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I think Asher gave the only logical response.

Question: Does my use of logical mean that I will start talking like Fez? As in, logical is correct and ILLOGICAL IS BAD!
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
            What percentage can name the "policy" exactly, that made them responcible?
            Many people could list them...
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

And be 100% wrong Glonky, this wasn't about ANYTHING the US did, it's about a jihad by a little man that is using religion as a plank for murder.
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                And be 100% wrong Glonky, this wasn't about ANYTHING the US did, it's about a jihad by a little man that is using religion as a plank for murder.
                Yes, but surely he had a reason for hating, say, the US instead of, say, China?

Comment

because we are number one right now

if China was, they would hate China most

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

just because there is a reason (or even if we could do soemthing abour that reason), does not mean that we are to blame

at least by the dictionary I use

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

The US has had some international policies that screw with other people, that's one of the reasons why the US is partially to blame for 9-11...deal with it

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                        just because there is a reason (or even if we could do soemthing abour that reason), does not mean that we are to blame

at least by the dictionary I use

Jon Miller
                        key word is partially jonnyboy

Comment

not even partially

there is a cause and effect thing going here, but that does not mean that any blame falls on us

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                            not even partially

there is a cause and effect thing going here, but that does not mean that any blame falls on us

Jon Miller
                            yes jon, the US is perfectly innocent

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Yes, but surely he had a reason for hating, say, the US instead of, say, China?
                              Actually, China is on his "hit" list.

They reprinted an interview (given in 99) in the sunday paper, he mentions not just the west (or USA), but ALL non-Muslim states as the enemy, that will be brought down.

Thinking that some policy made this guy the way he is, is not correct.

He is a believer in world Jihad, in his mind, there are three kinds of people:

Muslims
                              Those to be converted
                              Those to be killed

No other category (these are his STATED ideas, long before 9/11)

Comment

Working...
                              X