Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of my trip to the US (it's not as dull as it sounds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If true, should I be freaked out about it?
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
      If true, should I be freaked out about it?
      Who knows, who knows. I could have been doing a lot of things while you were sleeping.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

more pictures

Cal, do you know which building this is and in which avenue it's located?
        Attached Files
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Re: more pictures

Originally posted by Colon
          Cal, do you know which building this is and in which avenue it's located?
          Its City Hall, and its at the intersection of Chambers St and Center St. Your photo is looking down Chambers st from broadway.
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

This must be one of the biggest apartment blocks I've ever seen, it took up the entire block.
            Attached Files

Comment

I suspect a strong mtoive for building shiny skyscrapers is to make sure the reflections hide its own ugliness.
              Attached Files

Comment

For some reason I get the urge to play Simcity when I see this picture.
                Attached Files

Comment

Too much green stuff!
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think manhatten has great looking skyscrapers but the people are so cold hearted.

Tokyo has the ugliest buildings. But they are sooo darn nice to use yank tourists.

I can remember one cab driver talking about how great macarthur was. He went on and on...like he was the father of there country or somthing. hehe. Its so nice there. If you drop 100 yen, I can remember my dad dropped 200 yen on the ground. One guy picked it up and started chasing my dad and screaming stuff in japenese. He caught to us breathing all heavy and gave it back.

i wonder what possessed me to tell you this.

Comment

another thing about japan the cabs have electronic doors. AND YOU NEVER TIP A JAPANESE!!! EVER!!

Its a sign of bad service and considered disrepctful

Comment

Nice pictures. Which digital camera do you use? The colors look very realistic, but am I spotting some slight barrel distortion?

Comment

Without loading them into a photo editor and laying a straight line along the building edges I think I may be seeing some barrel distortion myself now that you mentioned it. Zoom lenses are usualy going to have at least some distortion in part of their range. Especially in wide angles where its hard to avoid it even with fixed lenses.

Comment

Re: Re: more pictures

Barrel distortion? Use layman's words please.

I have an Ixus 300 made by Canon.

Originally posted by Caligastia

Its City Hall, and its at the intersection of Chambers St and Center St. Your photo is looking down Chambers st from broadway.
                            Argh yes, of course!

Comment

A couple more pictures (don't mind me, I'm busy selecting and resizing pictures to put them in a gallery)

Find the advertisement
                              Attached Files

Comment

I wonder what effect it would have given if the WTC still stood up there (occupying the entire left part of the picture, I suspect )
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X