World War III is coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War III is coming

If indeed bush is considering taking action of Iraq. He has the support of most americans. 62% approve. Its sliding currently, but its unknown as to what "evidence" the administration is about to reveal to the public before the weekend. We will see.

American forces bomb Baghdad. Baghdad retaliates with Chemical weapons on..Israel. Israel has stated it WILL retaliate in case of such of attack (Nuclear). Saddam's ability to deliver such weapons are weaker. But with 4 years to build, no doubt he has missiles capable of reaching Israel.

Saddam will have nothing to lose. He will do it and not think twice.

World war III?

Yeah. If Bush and Saddam are stupid enough.

And seeing as though the sum of both their IQ's is likely less than 10. It is highly likely.

Anyway. I would conscientiously object if it comes to it!
    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

ahh but Bush and Saddam aren't really in control of their nations now are they.

Will never happen.

Comment

Well are you on of those "Dont rock the mideast boat" guys grrr? Are you actually aware of the consequences of pulling back from our threats ?

Im shocked. Imagine in 10 years when he actually has rebuilt his missile regime.

As long as congress gets a DoW. I say we grease the bastard.

btw. Saddam has a higher IQ than bush. Ever seen Saddam get interviewed? Some of the 80's/pre gulf war interviews? Hes a smart dude

Comment

No. I am afraid that Saddam already has weapons of mass destruction. And friends with weapons of mass destruction, which will make a hell of a mess of US and it's allies (primarily Israel) 's terriotory.

Comment

Well the Israeli's are tough cookie's. They have defenses againsts scuds. And not our crappy patriots either. Im talking good stuff that blows the scud warhead and knocks it 50 miles into the air.

Comment

Yeah ... but who says that conventional warfare will be employed?

Comment

well I doubt Saddam is going to or has the time to give palestinians chemical weapons.

Comment

I'm not supporting Bush. Never will.....except during 911.

Osama can kiss my hairy beanbags.
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Israeli nuclear retaliation is unlikely, even if attacked by chemical or biological weapons.

First, most of the chances are that the missiles will be shot down on their way to Israel.
                    Second, even if the missiles land, the warheads are still quite primitive. So, while damage will be caused and tens of people will die, it wont be on mass scale.

After this, Israel will most probably join the war but still use only conventional weapons. Maybe, some not too effective bio-chem weapons will be used.
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I expect Israel to be pursuaded to stay out of it as in 1991.

And nuclear attack? would that be so wise so close to their land? I'm not sure of the local weather patterns and wind patterns, but I just wouldn't do it. You might piss off the russians

Comment

Even in the very unlikely and EXTREMELY unpleasant eventuality that somebody in the region (Israel, Iraq, let's throw in Pakistan to make it interesting) uses nukes, how does that get us to WWIII?

I don't think WWIII is even possible given current alliances, unless maybe China and the US ever decide to act out the "quality vs. quantity" competition on the big stage.

WW1 -- The great powers on each side are Euros, but they drag their colonies and eventually the US with them so that makes it a world war.

WW2 -- The great powers of each side are genuinely global, and there is fighting in many theatres all over the world.

How does anything like that happen today? There is no rogue great power (I'm going out on a limb here and assuming the free world isn't going to make an alliance against the US -- maybe in a century, not now). China doesn't appear to give a damn about anything this side of the wall. The "axis of evil" is capable of nasty terrorism but together has a military with the strength of the Georgia national guard.

There's enough hate for it, god knows, but I don't see anybody significant choosing up sides.
                        It is much easier to be critical than to be correct. Benjamin Disraeli

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                          I expect Israel to be pursuaded to stay out of it as in 1991.
                          Nope.

After the withdrawal from Lebanon and the Intifada Israel looks much less threatening and undefeatable.
                          I dont think we'll miss a chance for a succesfull war now.
                          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I think America would be stupid enough to attack China if China decides to attack Taiwan.

Comment

Sadam will use his weapons ONE DAY in the future, if he has them. He will use them before he's death.

And he will die, pherhaps naturally in the end.

Pherhaps he does not have the weapons yet, than this is the right moment to take him out. He will have the weapons within a few years for sure.
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                              X