No announcement yet.

Do you wear glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear Focus Dailies contacts. They itch.
    CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
      Well maybe the rules are different when you have 5 heads.
      Always! I make my own rules!
      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
        for a short while I was slighlty farsighted (2nd or 3rd year of glasses was when I was told I was farsighted)

currently I am slightly nearsighted (switched in the course of a year)

otherwise my eyes have not changed
        This is quite a "normal" phenomenon, children can have eyeballs that are too "flat" at the front, causing farsightedness.
        However, as they get older and grow bigger, the eyes grow bigger and more convex, causing the eyesight to return to "normal", or too convex, causing nearsightedness.

Comment

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
          my poor brother began wearing them at age four...why do children always pick on the kid with glasses??
          Kids pick on anyone with something to mark them out as "different".

I wear glasses- have done since I was about 22. Age is such a leveller.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I wear glasses for stigmatism.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I wear band-aids for stigmata.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I wear glasses, but I'm currently trying to get contacts.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I recently got contact lenses, they're good for nights out in the pub, but getting the lenses out before you go to bed can be "hazardous".
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Hehe tell me about it........many a time I have passed out without taking them out as well, which is even worse.

Comment

Glasses only, although my mum wears both...she has pretty awful eyesight as well as astigmatism. It's so fun. I get all the **** genetics from my parents (bad eyesight from mum, poor circulation and terrible hair from dad, personality problems from both of em) and my sister gets off scot free. Nice. Although I probably deserve all that **** more than she does, so the universe probably got it right this time.
                      "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Been wearing glasses since the 4th grade.

Since I can't touch my eye's, I can't wear contacts....besides, I'm just gonna save up my $$$ and get that laser eye surgery. Does anyone know how long it takes?
                        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                        *****Citizen of the Hive****
                        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Contacts, but need to get a new prescription, so am thinking of getting some spiffy glasses.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Do I look more like a computer geek with these on, Boris?
                            Attached Files
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

More? Was that possible?

The ones I am thinking about getting are feather-weight frames with ultra-thin lenses. Probably will run me $300.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

These are featherwates (that's how Lenscrafters calls them anyway) and very thin lenses and an anti-reflective coating too.

And they're rimless at the bottom! OHH.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X