No announcement yet.

Which Drugs should be illegal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the minimum, all natural drugs should be legal. It seems silly to ban the consumption of a plant. Beyond that, I would be more against pharmaceutical type drugs being illegal than legal. But not so far as to lead a charge to make them legal. Marijuana and mushrooms should be legal, banned from use in public areas, and taxed (with most of the tax money going to rehab and anti-addiction programs).
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Legalise the lot, why should it be the government's business what people do with their bodies.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I agree with you C0ckney in that principle, but I think government has a responsibility to take action in certain situations. If every illegal drug was legal, well, let's just say just ecstasy, for instance. If ecstasy was legal, I know for sure usage would go up in clubs. The thing with prohibition is that it only works to an extent if it actually keeps the supply of drugs well below the demand. In this regard, prohibition failed with alcohol and is failing with marijuana, heroin, and crack/cocaine. But with ecstasy, many club-goers don't have access to this drug. With legalization I think that more kids/young adults would experiment with ecstasy. I've known many people who have taken ecstasy, regularly used it, and even a young girl that died from it.

Sure, the government has no right to tell informed, educated people what they can or can't do with their bodies. But too many young people are ignorant about too many drugs. I was a member of that small group of scared teens that realized their ignorance when it came to drugs. I learned more about drug use before the first time I decided to try marijuana. I went through a period of regular use, even a short period of over-use and abuse. Before legalization of harder, pharmaceutical type drugs, I think that people need to be educated about all of the drugs and their consequences.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ban'em all

Leave alcohol legal 'cause that's what our ancestrors drunk (Dionysus? )

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
            Legalise the lot, why should it be the government's business what people do with their bodies.

[voice of conservatism]because it affects other people?[/voice of conservatism]

some thingies have been tried and qualified they work on society others might not work so good.

if with one pill you can take your car and smash some inocent inconspicious pedestrian walking by then...

to do that otherwise you'd have to drink lots and maybe even then you wouldnt do it.

anyway, it's not a question of what the gov can or cant do IMO.

think the opium craze....
            wasnt it the govs business to regulate that?

anyway, im starting to sound like a conservative so i'll stop. but about these things i guess i am.

Comment

Sava, there will always be stupid people who stupid things, look at the Darwin awards for example, it isn't up to the government to protect people from their own stupidity. I think more education is a great idea btw.

Ecstasy is interesting, I would say that most people who die from that die from either de-hydration or from taking stuff which is very impure or simply isn't ecstasy. More education and the quality controls that legalisation would bring would cut ecstasy deaths to almost nil.

Paiktis, If people commit crimes while on drugs or drive whilst under the influence then they should be punished for that, rather than punishing them for just using drugs..
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

you forgot to add Fly Agaric. You can't have berzerkers running around this day and age, now can you...
                ku eshte shpata eshte feja
                Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                  Ecstasy is interesting, I would say that most people who die from that die from either de-hydration or from taking stuff which is very impure or simply isn't ecstasy. More education and the quality controls that legalisation would bring would cut ecstasy deaths to almost nil.
                  There has never been any documented case of someone dying of XTC (MDMA).

The problem is that becouse its illigal there's no quality controll.

And since producing pure MDMA pills is about 10 times as expensive as producing your typical speed infested partypills (the kind that makes you grind your teeth for a couple of hours) off course they are going to produce rubbish

Btw, banning the use of natural plants (Marihuana/shrooms) by those so called christian conservatives actualy goes against their god's wishes as stated in the bible

Comment

all of the above, and throw in coca-cola (i.e the devil) and all things fat too...
                    får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

Might as well ban sugar too then.

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
                        Might as well ban sugar too then.
                        all things nasty and filthy

Comment

But even vegetables are now being geneticly altered in the USA, what do you propose these people feed themselves with then?

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
                            But even vegetables are now being geneticly altered in the USA, what do you propose these people feed themselves with then?
                            Feeding stimulates over-population

Comment

No, seriously. Food can be more or less bad for you. The healthier (i.e least bad) alternative should be preferred and encouraged by the state.

Comment

I totaly agree with that, but there is a big difference between encouraging something and banning it.

Comment

Working...
                                X