Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's That Time: Lombardi Handicappers League Season Four (FOOTBALL PICK'EM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MacTBone
    "Son, no matter how good you are at something, there's always someone better than you." - Homer Simpson

How true, how true...
    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• ah, the insightful philosophy of Matt Groenig. Only true if sample size is infinite. which it most definitely is not.

With normal sample size (finite world), there MUST be a "best." Why else are we doing this???????
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Well I guess your picks were outside of that "finite world" this week.

Rich
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Unfortunately, the obverse is also true -- that someone must be worst.

At your service...
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Well...team SuperWhorde did ok...Vlad led the team with 8, I followed with 7 and the gentleman from across the pond had a respectable 6.
            I don't know if week one is going to help us any with week 2 picks...the league looked insane this weekend.

My pick for the SuperBowl is still the Rams, even though they looked like crap. A very close second is the Pats...what do you think, team?
            Life and death is a grave matter;
            all things pass quickly away.
            Each of you must be completely alert;
            never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

• Well, my pick was the Steelers, and that just went to pot. The way they stunk up the place, I think Cleveland has a chance to steal the division if they can recover from the Rudd fiasco.

Team scores will be up here sometime tomorrow - I'm waiting for our Week 1 individual winner to check in with me so I can find out who the hell he is... (I don't remember his e-mail addy, sue me; this is why I wanted everyone to change their names weeks ago)
              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Uh...that was me...yeah...that's the ticket.
                What is the deadline for SB picks?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperSneak
                  Well...team SuperWhorde did ok...Vlad led the team with 8, I followed with 7 and the gentleman from across the pond had a respectable 6.
                  OI! I had 7 as well... Don't listen to him Reis!
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Ooops...sorry!

Comment

• That's OK, just don't do it again!

Go Superwhorde!
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• I think we should be known from now on as Superwhordius!

Man, I just keep denigrating you, Mobius. I must have a subconscious jealousy of your free-wheelin' lifestyle.

Comment

• Well, Sloth FINALLY checked in, so if anyone's floating in the breeze and wants to become a Stooge, we're hiring

Comment

• Oh, and Week 1 results are now available as the Top News Story on the main page of the website.

Comment

• Way to go, SuperWhorde! First place but for the tie-breaker! Let's keep it up!
                              Don't screw it up, Mobius!
                              (Why change my theme now, it's worked so far, eh mate?)

Good luck all!

Comment

• Boo YAH! Alright - our free agent acquisition of Ixnay has helped us in week one!

Anybody else think this thread is getting long and unwieldy?
                                I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                                New faces...Strange places,
                                Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                                -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Working...
                                X