Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's That Time: Lombardi Handicappers League Season Four (FOOTBALL PICK'EM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your first reason offsets the second though.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• The system's the system, and the rules are clear.

Well, it's a handicapper league and Team Rush has just handicapped itself. Oh well.

Fortunately, there's nothing at stake but stupid pride (and so far, Berz has as many right as I do )
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I gave all of you sufficient warning that the CBS system requires that all picks be in prior to the first game, whenever it is (Thursday, Saturday...)
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• I had the G men.

Reis, no system is perfect, I couldn't even get in till 24 hours before game time, it's the price we pay for being to lazy to do manual totals
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• A little rigid and unforgiving, but it's great to see the results right away, instead of waiting for 5 or 6 weeks for Reis to have a little free time.

Yes, slightly exaggerated for effect.

RAH
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
              Yes, slightly exaggerated for effect.
              RAH
              Uhhhh.... not really... we did wait that long last year on a few occasions

The rules are the rules... I don't see a problem with it.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I say we add a caning or two for further infractions.

Man...some of you sure are hung up on rules!
                Blah!
                Life and death is a grave matter;
                all things pass quickly away.
                Each of you must be completely alert;
                never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

• They are moderators, you know.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    They are moderators, you know.
                    Nahhh... It's more simple than that. We agreed to use CBS to make things easier. One of the things they ask is that you make your picks before the first game of the week. If you weren't aware of that, you were oblivious.
                    I don't think that it is asking too much since that's how MOST pools work.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• So are we going by CBS tallies or some adjusted Reis tally? I'm not sure...didn't it work out last year that people were winning overall as a result of not making as many picks and therefore having a better overall percentage or something?
                      If that's the way it works, there are a few games a week I'd pass on, just 'cause they are so tough to call.
                      I think that the final analysis should be based on what teams have picked all the games...

Comment

• I really hate to see Berz missed out, and my Slackers team mate Drake; but if we're using the service, then we should use the service.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• For the record, I did know the rules, just didn't know there was a Thursday game.

Comment

• He may be Sloww, but he's right.

No problem, Berz. Stuff happens.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• He may be right, but he sure is Sloww....

Comment

• One missed week for one player (key emphasis on one) shouldn't have too much of an impact since we're playing by the law of averages...
                                CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                                Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                                Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                                Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Working...
                                X