Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happpen if the US didnt exist tomarrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schee,

Faded Glory is correct that the US will always be an important power - if only by dint of it's large size and population.
    19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Oh the Roman Empire was one of the most populated and large empire by its time, then it was defeated and Charlemagne conquered an Empire too, that was divided between his sons, later Spain and Portugal built their empires, and England and France had many colonies around the world, etc...

No nation can always remain an important power.
      FRANCE.

Comment

Originally posted by Schee
        Oh the Roman Empire was one of the most populated and large empire by its time, then it was defeated and Charlemagne conquered an Empire too, that was divided between his sons, later Spain and Portugal built their empires, and England and France had many colonies around the world, etc...

No nation can always remain an important power.

Well not always I agree, after all the Earth is unlikely to remain the main crucible of power for the human race - especially after the death of the sun.

Maybe I should say that for the foreseeable future (by which I mean the next few centuries) the US will remain a major power.

Rome did fall, but most of the invaders wanted to become roman - indeed a large portion of the empire survived in the form of Byzantium.
        But Rome's case is very unusual - most empires get taken over and usually end up changing their invaders more than they are changed by them (China is a good example of this).

Charlemagne's empire did not outlast his death (much like Alexander's over a milennium before him) - as such you cannot really compare it with somewhere like the US.

I'm not sure what your point is about the european colonizing nations - but the colonies where never culturally part of the home nation so again the comparison is not really applicable
        19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

I'm not trying to compare the great powers, but what people said about them. Inhabitants of great powers always think they will remain for a very long time. It happens sometimes.

And btw, I was above all laughing at this :
          1900's teddy Roosevelt built a fleet and sailed it around the globe. The Europeans were shocked at how the modern and flexible the fleet was and raced to catch up. (especially Britian and germany).
          FRANCE.

Comment

Well, ol Faded likes big white ships, even though they were old armored cruisers and Britain and France had Dreadnaughts.
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Working...
            X