Regime change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regime change

The otherthrow of which leader to do you think would contribute most to world security/prosperity/peace etc.

Disclaimer:
    This is a genuine attempt to gauge opinion - No offense is meant to either the American of Iraqi people
    Saddam
    38.55%
    GW Bush
    61.45%

If one listens to the Kurd leader speak on the topic of Bush and America, you know how the oppressed peoples of Iraqi would vote.

Liberate Iraq!
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I really wanted to vote for "The Top Banana."
      It is much easier to be critical than to be correct. Benjamin Disraeli

Comment

Iraq needs to be liberated. It would be very sad and dispressing to see even one vote for GWB...
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Perhaps both of them should be removed...
          But not exactly "overthrown", maybe a more democratic way of handling things is in order.

The way the world is going on now is not exactly good and I don´t think that with Bush things will improve...

Comment

6 each - about right.
            (+1)

Comment

We definately need a regime change here in America. The dictator Bush, who used fraud in to steal the last election away from a moron, has repeatedly violated American's civil liberties, used chemical weapons on his own people, has a huge arsenal of weapons of mass destruction and has threatened numerous other countries with aggression.
              "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners." - Edward Abbey
              http://www.anarchyfaq.org

Comment

Originally posted by Joe R. Golowka
                We definately need a regime change here in America. The dictator Bush, who used fraud in to steal the last election away from a moron, has repeatedly violated American's civil liberties, used chemical weapons on his own people, has a huge arsenal of weapons of mass destruction and has threatened numerous other countries with aggression.
                and he hasn't got a moustache
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

10 vs 10.

Cool.

Hey Joe - Coooool It! Bush is a moron and quite capable of destroying the world with his stupidity. Saddam is a monster but not exactly threatening the world right now. Choice is simple....
                  (+1)

Comment

bush is in the lead now!

anyway, to be serious, i don't think disposing of either of them would lead to more stability. the ones i think need to go are sharon, and all the leaders of the palestinian terrorist cells.
                    B♭3

Comment

Hmm, one homocidal maniac against another, tough choice... But since Saddam isn´t threatening world peace right now it´s gotta be Bush.
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

It took me less than one second to vote in that poll. The answer is so obvious...
                        "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                        George Orwell

Comment

The thing is that while Bush's removal would do more for world peace than Saddam, if he is removed that would collapse the American democracy thus hurting the stability and peace of the world. So I would have to say that while I would like to see Bush go, please wait till 2004.
                          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe R. Golowka
                            All I can say to a moronic statement such as this is F U.
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Bush's impeachment and removal from office might lead to more improvements in stability/peace/etc. than Saddam's exile/death/whatever, simply because the US has more global influence than Iraq. However, "overthrowing" Bush would probably be disastrous, as it would most likely plunge the US into anarchy. Sorry, but anarchy in a nuclear power is never a good thing.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                              X