SciFi Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SciFi Books

I am about to head to the library and would like some names to look up( because my usual authors the closest library seems to be lacking).

So hurry, and provide some names.

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Orson Scott Card (duh)
    Dan Simmons (Hyperion)

Comment

anyone named Greg B
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

David Weber, the Honor Harrington series.
        I might as well just save you all the trouble... Ming is a bastard, Ming es un bastardo, Ming est un bâtard, Ming è un bastardo, Mingus bastardus est, Ming ist ein Mistkerl, Ming jest bêkartem, Ming är en horunge, Ming korcs, O Ming ine bastarthos, Ming on rakastajani...
        and if you don't understand any of these... Ming. Bastard is he. yesssss.

Comment

Hmm, this will be hard (because I read a lot and have read all that is mentioned here, well not all there works, but enough that I am familiar with them (David Weber I have only read a couple of because the last Honor book sort of sucked))

Thanks for the suggestions though

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Oh oh read my book! It's not published and it's not finished, but I just completed Part I of a three Part book so at least it's a whole story.

Sorry, I can't give real suggestions right now. I'm sorta stuck on Asimov and me right now.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Anything by Rush Limbaugh.

Oh wait, that's Fantasy, sorry...
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

David Brin - Startide Rising. That simple. I have a very faint hunch that you've already read it, though.
                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Anything by Greg Egan... very good hardcore sci-fi.

J. Sawyer is good also, he writes soft sci-fi. Good author, a Canadian to boot. A good book is "End of an Era", or "Frameshift".
                  What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

Walter Jon Willaims (Aristoi, Voice of the Whirlwind, Hard Wired, Metropolis, etc)

Vernor Vinge (Fire on the Deep, etc)

David Brin (Uplift)

Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, many others)

Bradbury (many, many, many books)

Asimov (ditto)

Should be a good start.

Wraith
                    If space is warped, time is all that's weft

Comment

Icarus Hunt, Timothy Zahn

*Considers changing avatar*

Comment

Carl Sagan
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

(seconds timothy zahn)
                          excellent choice, that

Comment

thanks all, heading to the library now

I think I have read all the author suggested, but maybe it is time to try them again (it has been over a year since I read Asmov)

(the only author listed above I do not think I read is Walter Jon Willaims)

peace out

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

You've read J. Sawyer?
                              What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

Working...
                              X