No announcement yet.

I saw a spraypainted Swastika today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't say as I've ever seen a spray painted swastika. Neither a spray painted hammer and sickle.

Amazing that some speak as though it's a common occurrence....
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

In North Carolina I occasionally see "KKK" painted on road signs.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Amazing that some speak as though it's a common occurrence....
        It's very common in Europe. At my high school, there is at least one in every restroom.

Comment

I saw one on my college campus. I spit on it, and told the campus cops. A few days later it was painted over, but it was never reported in the school's newspaper. In fact, a few semester's later an article about grafitti pointed out that the campus has had 'no' acts of vandalism via grafitti in the past xx years.

-FMK.

Comment

"Where in the US do you exactly live?"

Maryland, near the D.C. border

"However i believe most of these people who are painting the signs considering that as a joke. "

Well, it's not a funny joke. It's a good thing we have hate crime laws, hoepfully someone will turn the spraypainted in and he will go to jail.
            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Never seen one either, except in the movies. Same thing with a spray-painted hammer and sickle... but some kid who'd actually paint one of those would be mecilessly teased - and rightfully so.

Comment

Hate crime laws seem a little superfluous, if I may go off-topic for a moment. Murder is murder, no matter why you did it, and swastika or rainbow, this is still graffiti, is it not?

Either way, I am glad that, at least where I live and where I have been, I haven't had to see it.

Comment

Bratty punk kids just spraypaint these things because it gives them a sense of power and importance, despite the fact that they are utterly useless beings, and should be terminated immediately...
                  -rmsharpe

Comment

Most of the grafitti here is people's initials or the name of their crew or some ****... Some professional taggers get hired to put up something fancy on the wall of a 7-11 or some ****.

The only Swastikas i see are carved into the desks at schools. I first noticed them on a couple desks in this one school i went to for some program. It was an almost entirely black school so I guess Farrakhan was getting in the heads of some of the students

thanks
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

BD:

Did you just say you support hate crime legislation???!!!
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Yes he did, and don't threadjack.

Comment

Hmmm, I've never seen a spraypainted swastika before either.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

I've seen a few...backs of buildings, etc. Mainly the graffiti is pro-FLQ or maudits anglais type of stuff, though...
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Now that I think about it, can't say as I've seen graffiti even remotely political in the States. Only the stuff that Speer talks about.

When I visited Rome, I saw a lot of pro-Communist graffiti that nobody had thought to clean up.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

yeah most is just people's initials and ****. curses sometimes too

Comment

Working...
                                X