Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who made the pyramids. They must have been smarter than us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I *think* they mean the place with exactly as much distance to the most western landmass (Alaska) as to the eastern landmass (East-russia) as to the North (Scandinavia) as to the South (Sout America?)
    except, see, that's completely arbitrary. most western by whose definition? on a globe, there is no most western and most eastern.

this holds true, unless magellan was wrong and we live on a flat planet.

besides, these pyramids were built for pagan gods... with alien help...
    B♭3

Comment

That means they need to have knowledge of the geography of the entire world
      No, they just happend to live there!

As for the slaves, as I've heard the pyramids probably was not built by slaves at all. But that's up for speculation I supose.

Comment

A few Googled links:

The above isn't a bad link.

Reason why I checked around is because of the claim that the Pyramids are exactly 365,000 (+-) "els" in length. According to the NOVA site, the pyramids at Cheops were built appx. 3200 BCE. Given that the Hebrews didn't arrive in Egypt for 1200+ years after that ( http://philo.ucdavis.edu/zope/home/b...2000-587%20BCE ), it makes NO sense that the Egyptians would use a unit of measurement that they were 1,000 years away from learning about.

Comment

except, see, that's completely arbitrary. most western by whose definition? on a globe, there is no most western and most eastern.

that's right. But *if* you have to pick a center, *that* would be the center. Of course you can cry about that a globe has no center, but that doesn't make the location less spectaculair.

No, they just happend to live there!

EXACLTY on that spot?
          cool
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
            why didn't the Egyptians incorporate this magical number into their solar calendar then?
            Perhaps the number was dimensionless so it can't be checked either.

365.whatever WHAT? The Egyptians used cubits and that varies from place to place to place. The casing isn't there anymore so we can't measure it exactly anyway.

Comment

that's right. But *if* you have to pick a center, *that* would be the center.
              why?
              B♭3

Comment

why?

what would be your center?
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

God, the amount of effort that some people use to convince themselves of the undeniably false amazes me.

Comment

JohnT: That's just 'cause of your western imperialistic apprehension of time as linear. Don't be so narrowminded! True visionaries can't be stopped by such petty concepts.

Comment

We certainly have the know-how to build pyramids, but there is no motivation to do so.

I thought so, but that's not what architects and scientists say.
                      Which architects and scientists say this?

These people were great builders of their times, but they werent that smart to waste so much time and effort on a completely useless structure were they?

com'on, we have:
                      Tour Eiffel
                      Statue of Liberty
                      Millenium Dome
                      Modern art
                      None of these structures took anywhere near the amount of resources and labor to build as the pyramids. We have modern machines to aid us, they did not.
                      just to name some.
                      I think it's not useless. For sure if you concider that it's STILL standing! After around 5000 years!! That's amazing. They putted their footprint in the sand forever, it seems.

The architecture makes sure it won't get destroyed easily.
                      Hey, I find them to be amazing structures too, but it doesnt change the fact that they are useless.
                      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Re: Re: Who made the pyramids. They must have been smarter than us!

Originally posted by Caligastia

This is not true. The only reason we wouldnt build such a wasteful monstrosity today is because it is utterly useless. We certainly have the know-how to build pyramids, but there is no motivation to do so.
                        Attached Files
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That just proves his point rah...

Comment

In looking around for pyramid/Hebrew timelines, I found the following line (the topic is irrelevant to the pyramid discussion, but the point isn't):

"In 1450 Gutenberg printed his 42-line Bible in Mainz on a quality of handmade paper which remains unsurpassed to this day."

Does this mean that Gutenberg was helped by aliens? Does this mean that 15th century paper technology was/is far superior to 21st century paper processing methods?

Comment

that's right. But *if* you have to pick a center, *that* would be the center. Of course you can cry about that a globe has no center, but that doesn't make the location less spectaculair.
                              So if we decide that is the center, it must be amazing that the pyramids happen to be there.
                              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

- the centre of the geographic earth

I *think* they mean the place with exactly as much distance to the most western landmass (Alaska) as to the eastern landmass (East-russia) as to the North (Scandinavia) as to the South (Sout America?)
                                Then it would have to be nearer to the equator.

I think they mean the meridian, that goes over land for the longest distance without crossing any sea. (East See, Black See, Gulf, etc.)
                                It passes over the Mediteranean so its wrong. If water counts then the Americas go farther north and farther south. If water stops the projection than its still wrong.

I think there's no problem with the building, indeed with that number of slaves. It's more the architecture that's a problem. Again, I'm no architect, thus if websites claim that, I believe them.
                                And you believer EVERYTHING you see on the internet dodn't you?

Stonehenge, some stonehenge thing in Israel,
                                there must be a city somewhere with gates build out of 500 megaton stones that are perfectly putted against each other.
                                Uhg. Boy that makes no sense. Stonehenge is in England. The stones aren't perfect in anyway whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                                X