Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a shame that tickets are so hard to come by, is this because too many of them are squandered on corporate brownnosing?
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia
      Its a shame that tickets are so hard to come by, is this because too many of them are squandered on corporate brownnosing?
      Each time my dear Stade Toulousain is playing a French Championship Final (and we have been very lucky all along the last decade) good tickets are very hard to obtain because many of the best ones are kept for the sponsors and the "friends" of the managing board of the Stade Toulousain, the FFR (the French Rugby Federation) and the Rugby League (the organism managing our domestic championship). I guess there is a similar problem (multiplied by one thousand) for each Rugby World Cup.
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Hey, I thought you guys might enjoy this cartoon I saw at Rugbyheaven...
        I very nearly posted it myself. It's by Cathy Wilcox of the Sydney Morning Herald, one of our better cartoonists.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Its a shame that tickets are so hard to come by, is this because too many of them are squandered on corporate brownnosing?
          Well, something like 50% of the available tickets go to the IRB in the first place. The majority of the tickets available to Australians are allocated to people with some rugby involvement - registered players, club members, etc - via a ballot system. The chances of a pure rugby fan - without official involvement - getting a ticket to one of the big games are remote.

You'll be pleased to know though, Cal, that the ARU has set aside something like 3000 tickets for the final for New Zealand fans. Hands across the water.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar

The majority of the tickets available to Australians are allocated to people with some rugby involvement - registered players, club members, etc - via a ballot system.
            Just advising of my change of address now
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Yes, I'm quoting S. Barnes. I'm nominating him for Poet Laureate.
              With all due respect the guy makes Poido look like a towering intellect.

Clever of you to quote a Bath retiree at a Leicester fan however. Because we take lots of notice of them of course.

the famous of photo of Phil Kearns sneering at the All Blacks while they do the Haka?
              No but I can get you one of the English hooker standing face to face to the haka in 97. The incident that resulted in the NZRFU crying to the IRB that opposing teams should let them use this psychological weapon freely and have to stand meek as a lamb during it – and the IRB to their shame insisted on a 10 metre gap during the haka.

If it’s a challenge why cry when someone stands up to it?

Tickets – the whole world seems screwed up on these doesn’t it. Remember I went to the European Cup final in May in a stadium that holds 82000? Both clubs in the final were given 20000 tickets. So where did the other 42K go? That’s right ERC toadies , and corporates. Stupid. This is a game for fans not suits.

I am very pleased however that my club remains in the ownership of it’s members – whatever paltry allocations we get are issued fairly amongst us all.

Okay Finbar – first home game tomorrow. If you were not aware our home ground record is awesome (no league losses in five years). So if we lose tomorrow I most certainly will be worried. I will also give you my verdict on whether the world’s best lock is no longer quite so far ahead of the opposition (perhaps he is now worth only three Harrisons instead of four?)

You don’t mind me funning with you right?
              It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• The Stade Toulousain is playing its first game at home (at the "Stade des Sept Deniers") tomorrow against Narbonne (a mid level team last season) which has convincingly beaten Agen 22-10 (last season's unlucky finalist of the French Championship) last week at the "Stade de l'Amitié" (Narbonne's Stadium).

We will see tomorrow if the Stade Toulousain is able to react...

I won't go to the Stadium as I'am leaving Toulouse for a Live Role Playing Game in the "Gers" (is this another location you know "Globe-trotter" Finbar ?).

See you Sunday evening... have a nice week-end.
                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Live Role playing? Fascinating stuff.

I thought Finbar might also like to know that the English 50 man training squad announced for this season has an all time low percentage of Leicester players - just 20%.
                  It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
                    You'll be pleased to know though, Cal, that the ARU has set aside something like 3000 tickets for the final for New Zealand fans. Hands across the water.
                    Thats good, but I bet they will sell out instantly. Not that I would be able to go anyway...

Originally posted by Havak
                    No but I can get you one of the English hooker standing face to face to the haka in 97. The incident that resulted in the NZRFU crying to the IRB that opposing teams should let them use this psychological weapon freely and have to stand meek as a lamb during it – and the IRB to their shame insisted on a 10 metre gap during the haka.

If it’s a challenge why cry when someone stands up to it?
                    I tend to agree, but I dont know if its a good idea to let the players go nose-to-nose during the haka. If that happened on a regular basis I reckon we would see more than a few punch-ups. Also I think its kind of disrespectful to the maori tradition because if anyone had tried to go nose-to-nose with maori warriors during a haka they wouldnt have lived to tell about it. 10 metres is a bit much, but nose-to-nose is too close.

Comment

• had tried to go nose-to-nose with maori warriors during a haka they wouldnt have lived to tell about it
                      Intriguing point - but I'm sure a celtic warband, or Saxon house carls, Or vandals, angles, jutes and vikings would all have made mincemeat of us modern boys, and held their own fairly well against the tatooed lads?

I quite like the haka in Rugby - but I'm not convinced the opposition should be forced to watch it if they don't want to - to legislate that it should be 'respected' in a bit daft in my eyes. I think it should have been left ot refs to say "keep apart guys".

Never the less the 'nose to nose' incident was awesome. Great fun.

But heck I'm not arguing with a Kiwi - we need to stick together against Aussies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
                        Intriguing point - but I'm sure a celtic warband, or Saxon house carls, Or vandals, angles, jutes and vikings would all have made mincemeat of us modern boys, and held their own fairly well against the tatooed lads?
                        Im sure they would have.

I quite like the haka in Rugby - but I'm not convinced the opposition should be forced to watch it if they don't want to - to legislate that it should be 'respected' in a bit daft in my eyes. I think it should have been left ot refs to say "keep apart guys".
                        I dont know, I wouldnt want to be the one in the middle of an All Black haka and an advancing english rugby team.

Never the less the 'nose to nose' incident was awesome. Great fun.
                        It was, dont get me wrong, I just dont think it would be good on a regular basis.
                        But heck I'm not arguing with a Kiwi - we need to stick together against Aussies!

Comment

• Thread closed!

Click here for the new thread:

Comment

Working...
                          X