• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some really disturbed people there..

Although I did find this very funny joke while looking around

An email to the wrong wife
    After being nearly snowbound for two weeks last winter, a Seattle man
    departed for his vacation in Miami Beach, where he was to meet his
    wife the next day at the conclusion of her business trip to Minneapolis.
    They were looking forward to pleasant weather and a nice time together.
    Unfortunately, there was some sort of mix up at the boarding gate, and
    the man was told he would have to wait for a later flight. He tried to appeal
    to a supervisor but was told the airline was not responsible for the
    problem and it would do no good to complain.
    Upon arrival at the hotel the next day, he discovered that Miami Beach
    was having a heat wave, and its weather was almost as uncomfortably hot
    as Seattle's was cold. The desk clerk gave him a message that his wife
    would arrive as planned. He could hardly wait to get to the pool area to
    cool off, and quickly sent his wife an e-mail, but due to his haste, he made an
    error in the e-mail address.
    His message therefore arrived at the home of an elderly preacher's
    wife whose even older husband had died only the day before. When the
    grieving widow opened her e-mail, she took one look at the monitor, let out an
    anguished scream, and fell to the floor dead. Her family rushed to her room
    where they saw this message on the screen:
    Dearest wife,
    Departed yesterday as you know.
    Just now got checked in.
    Some confusion at the gate.
    Appeal was denied.
    Received confirmation of your arrival tomorrow.
    Your loving husband.
    P.S. Things are not as we thought. You're going to be surprised at
    how hot it is down here.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

ah poor woman

Comment

That joke was funny.

BTW I'm thinking about going to that mulsim fanatic web site and trolling them under the name Crusader. What sort of Avatar do you think I should use?
        Last edited by Dinner; August 3, 2002, 15:12.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Actually, since they have a strict policy on trolling (none of it) it wouldn't really work. Best bet would be something less suspicious, like a moderate Moslem. You'd have to know the dogma, though.
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Hehe, my IP is already banned.

As for avatars: Try Richard the Lionhearted or one of those guys on the first crusade who helped slaughter the populace of Jerusalem. That should piss off even reasonable ones.

I don't think we can get the current Pope to announce a Crusade...
            -I hereby declare myself High Priest of the Great Banana. As my first act I call for a Holy Crusade against that forum, but please blame the Christians
            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

Thanks for reminding me, Stefu. I haven't checked out that site for a while now.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

I was looking around at that wonderful site and found that they have a biographies section. Maybe someone should do a biography of Ataturk or some Muslim military leader that got humiliated by the Western powers? I'd suggest Ariel Sharon or Moshe Dayan or some other Israeli leader, but it would probably get deleted immediately. You'd have to pick a Muslim, but make sure that it is a Muslim that those wackos would despise.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Ooo ooh! Salman Rushdie! Not to forget Taslima Nasrin!

How 'bout that guy that was just chosen as Indian president?
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Salman Rushdie would be awesome...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Stefu: The Indian President is a Muslim. ......but one could spin it off , as a guy that crossed the line , or something.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Umm, Dalgetti, I knew that. Consider Tungsten's "You'd have to pick a Muslim, but make sure it's a Muslim these guys would despise".

Comment

hey dal, do you like this poem?

(the name of the author looks greek, dont know if he is)

Comment

Someone link it from NewsMax. It should keep them busy at least.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

you seem to love them for some reason. Enjoy them , when they come to greece .
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

such simplistic mind...

i think the poem is for palestine BTW.

Comment

Working...
                                X