My Market Value is 17.80 Billion E's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmm... i'm pretty new to this

i just set up some corporations... or requested that they be set up? still kinda confused, then again that could be due to the pain medications

i had one thing in coffee, one in construction and one in services... but apparently they aren't up and running yet

anyway, how do i set up trade agreements? or is that only for presidents?

i'm confused.... maybe i should have read all that stuff about first time users
    I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

• seems a lot like Utopia
      Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

• Originally posted by Caesar the Great
        hmm... i'm pretty new to this

i just set up some corporations... or requested that they be set up? still kinda confused, then again that could be due to the pain medications

i had one thing in coffee, one in construction and one in services... but apparently they aren't up and running yet

anyway, how do i set up trade agreements? or is that only for presidents?

i'm confused.... maybe i should have read all that stuff about first time users
        Some quick tips:

It takes time to set up companies, roughly around 2 game months (~24 hours real time).

You can either buy or build companies. Buying takes longer (4 game months).

Set the buying strategy of your companies to -2/5. That is, 2% above market price and 5% increase per month. Don't forget to change the type to "timed."

Watch your debt, both the companies and your corporations. The World Bank automatically makes loans to you, but you can get better deals by specifying the interest.

Keep a 4 month stock in supplies. I generally buy 2 months each day if there is a shortage with "best price" and 6 months to a year with 2%/5% if there's a surplus.

Don't use the "best price" strategy to sell. Figure out some nice "timed" strategy.

That's about it. Have fun!
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• News from my country, Tantallon.

My best companies are a production plant company (72B), a car company (42B) and a computer company (46B). The computer company is new, I'm amazed at how fast it has grown. My own dotcom bubble, maybe?

I have a core of effectivity upgraded companies with an average value of about 20B. These include 2 vacation companies, a bread company which is doing well despite the global surplus, 2 services and 2 chemicals.

I also have a fringe of dying companies, experimental start-ups and companies the computer started.

My long term problem of a lack of medium level workers has been dramatically replaced by a lack of high-tech executives. My education system is working flat out to keep up the supply.

My health care system is complete, as is my education system.

Most of my other indicators are in the high eighties or low nineties.

I'm the chairman of the Apolyton Federation for some reason. I joined it when someone asked, but now I'm the only member. Apolytoners are warmly invited to join the federation, by the way.

Comment

• Ok, a quick rejig of the buying strategies of a few key corps has gone ahead, to check the effect. I also ordered 3 upgrades for each corp (there's a loophole there. If you make your second choice different from your first choice, you can then take a third of either before you're told you've ordered the limit). Let's see if this can push me above the 400 rank.
            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

• Yeah, you really need to beef up the education a lot in your country before you go whole hog upgrading effectivity. Otherwise it just kills you.

Currently I am advancing towards the double digit rankings Rolling acquisition really works well. Right now I alternate between Services, Electric Power, and Air Transport.
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

• I'm the chairman of the Apolyton Federation for some reason. I joined it when someone asked, but now I'm the only member. Apolytoners are warmly invited to join the federation, by the way.
                That was me, and the federation was formed when I owned Scumlands, but you gained ownership of it by default when I disbanded my presidency of the country and started again as Scumlandia.
                ku eshte shpata eshte feja
                Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

• Oh well, it's still open if anyone wants to join, otherwise I'll dismantle it.

Comment

• BTW, can anyone figure out why I'm I'm suffering from a lack of employees in Scumlandia? I should have enough, but my companies aren't rebounding, instead they stay stuck at 0% employment and become non-productive. Is there anyway to save these companies?
                    ku eshte shpata eshte feja
                    Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

• If the companies don't have any debt, then they can stay like that forever, I reckon.

But I'm having the same problem. To make matters worse, new companies keep appearing with dodgy products. I reckon it could be because I have a high-tech executive crunch.

Comment

• Thucydides,

You might be suffering from a lack of high tech types. If you are, disband some of the less profitable ones. Keep your Services, HTS, Air Transport, Electric Power, etc. companies. Kill of fruits, veggies, etc.

Sandman,

Make sure you turn off the "start new company" automation.

Comment

Working...
                        X