No announcement yet.

My Market Value is 17.80 Billion E's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold went bust, as did my new Construction firm. I have a new High-Tech Services firm, and a new Road Maintenance firm though. And a new Services firm, although that has something distinctly off about it.

Basically, the Corporations Summary page says that it's been set (automatically) to 0% production and employment. The Corporation details page for it says that hiring is set at 70%. This is, interestingly, not contradictory - since for each type of staff I need, the amount employed at 100% hiring is shown as "-". This is perplexing. The firm isn't doing too badly, of course - no materials or salaries to pay, it's losing on 35M a month on interest, so I can keep it open a fair bit longer. But does anyone know how to make it think it needs workers?
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

• I've been offered a peace treaty by a nearby country. How do I accept (and should I)?

Chowlett:
      You can manually set production and hiring levels for all your companies from the "My Corporations" page (click on "change production and hiring" near the bottom of the page). If that doesn't work, go to the home page of the country it's located in and check the "Employment Index" page. They might have worker shortages.
      "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

• Jules - yeah, I know. And the worker hiring levels are set (automatically) at about 50% currently. I haven't checked for worker shortages, but this is a brand new corp, so they were presumably there a short while ago. What seems to be the problem is that the company is failing to admit it needs workers.
        The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
        Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
        All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.

Comment

• nm, it closed. I put it down to a bug. I'll found a new one.

I also just realised that since all my products start above 100 in quality, I can raise prices across the board. A trial run in my first High-Tech Services corp proved the strategy to be sound. I shall be monitoring developments closely.

Comment

• Looks like there will be markers in high tech services and household products.

Chowlett,

All companies start at 130 quality initially and most of them go only up from there. Take this into account.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• So how's everyone doing?

Right now my enterprise, Bilberschnook International, is ranked 520 out of the 1704 CEOs in White Giant. And my country, Schiller Republic, is 725 out of 2304 human presidents. Both are in the top one-third.

Comment

• My rank is 200-ish (somewhere between 200 and 300). I tried stop expanding and my climb stopped. So it seems that expansion is the fastest way to move up.
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

• March 2092: A Landmark Month

Woohoo! Schiller Republic is in the black for the first time in a long time.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Ok, now that my country's finances are in great shape, I think it's time to start beefing up the military.

Question:
                    what are the functions of fortifications, military bases and airports? I already have three fortifications, a defensive base and airport. Is there any reason I should build more?

Comment

• Each airport can hold a limited number of interceptors, so you need more airport if you want to have more interceptors, which are good for defense. Same thing with bases. I am not sure what forts do, though.

Comment

• OK, you got me interested. Just started playing a country called the Scumlands
                        Last edited by Thucydides; September 19, 2002, 20:56.
                        ku eshte shpata eshte feja
                        Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

• You couldn't wait for an invite, eh?

Comment

• I am on a roll now The market value of my enterprise cleared 700B easily.

Comment

• This thread still alive?

*shock* *gasp* *horror*

aye Petoria has been sucking.
                              You dont want to see our numbers

Comment

• I overbuilt my economy at first in the , so that very soon I ran out of High Tech Executives and nearly a dozen corporations went under. Fleeing the angry mobs who lost their jobs from my countries economic collapse, I took control of my neighboring country of Scumlandia where I'm doing much better now (it probably helps to have citizens fleeing into my new country from the one I screwed up). Between myself and Jules, we can eventually dominate the whole Great Palms region.
                                ku eshte shpata eshte feja
                                Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

Working...
                                X