• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United States Accused Of Desablizing Australia

OR Bull**** of the week award

US blamed for Dems problems

26jul02

THE Bush administration could be trying to destabilise the Australian Democrats and "agent provocateurs" may be watching the party, a senior Democrats leader has claimed.

In a new take on the internal row engulfing the party, the leader of the Australian Democrats in South Australia, Mike Elliott, today pointed the finger of blame at the Americans.
    "There are a range of policy areas where the Democrats and the Bush administration would be at great odds and they wouldn't be sad to see us disappear," he told ABC Radio.

"The American government would love to see the Democrats fail.

"All I would say is I wouldn't be surprised if there are agent provocateurs at work. Who has put them there I don't know."

He said the Americans had monitored the Democrats' performance in both the federal and state elections.

"In fact, I had two visits from American consuls who were taking very close notice of several seats in the lower house we thought we had a chance of winning," he said.

Mr Elliott said they knew the candidates of all parties and how things were travelling.

He said that was an amazing level of interest from the American government in Australia's second-smallest state.

Mr Elliott said a range of groups - including other political parties, business and media groups, and overseas governments - had a vested interest in destabilising the Democrats.

The party is in the grip of a blazing row over Natasha Stott Despoja's leadership.

Former leader Meg Lees and Senator Andrew Murray, who are reportedly considering quitting the party.

Was it our fault that the Australians had to kill thousands of their roos. Maybe they can blaim Kylie Minogue on us too. Or maybe Steve Irwin?
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

"United States Accused Of Desablizing Australia"

How ? Through Bush's atrocious spelling powers ?

Comment

Originally posted by Roland
      "United States Accused Of Desablizing Australia"

How ? Through Bush's atrocious spelling powers ?
      Well of course you have never misspelled a word before. Not the mighty Roland.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I do that all the time. I just considered it an appropriate reply to the topic.....

Comment

Originally posted by Roland
          I do that all the time. I just considered it an appropriate reply to the topic.....
          Which is why I used the instead of or .

Comment

That's a real hoot, Sprayber. I love it. The Democrats have never needed an ounce of outside help to implode. In fact, it's extraordinary how such a small political party - they're basically a splinter group trying desperately to appeal to the middle-ground vacated by the two major parties in their lurches to the right - can provide so much inner turmoil, backstabbing and bloodshed. The sooner the vaporise the better.
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Bush is probably out for their sheep. That'd undo Australia overnight.
              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

WHo the hell are the Democrats? I thought you guys just had Labor and Conservatives.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I think Bush is on the look out for any party called the "democrats".
                  I refute it thus!
                  "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Sounds like the bozo politco is aware he will soon have no position, and is additioning for the cast fo the "The NEW X Files."
                    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Australian Politics

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      WHo the hell are the Democrats? I thought you guys just had Labor and Conservatives.
                      OK.

1. The Liberals. (Conservative Right).
                      Not to be confused with what the US calls "Liberals". More closely aligned in political thought with the British "Tories" or the US "GOP" (Just what in the heck does GOP stand for anyway?).
                      Currently in office.
                      Political stance: Places People before all other things, expects people to be self reliant and not waited on hand and foot by the Government.

2. The Labour Party. (Conservative Left).
                      Closely allied to the Labour Unions - in fact the Unions controll 60% of the voting power in the party by constitutional mandate.
                      Currently out of office.
                      Political stance: Places people before all other things, desires to make people dependant on the party to ensure that they remain in office. You don't dare vote us out, because then you lose your entitlements. (What Richard Nixon succinctly put as "When you have them by the Balls, their hearts and minds will follow").

3, The Democrats. (Supposed middle).
                      Allied to no one. Founded by Don Chip with the premise that the party would "Keep the bastards honest". By this he meant that the Democrats would control the senate and ensure that the Government lived up to it's election promises. In recent years has done more to ensure that both sides of politics, when in government, do not get their election promises into legislation by blocking it in the senate.
                      Political stance: Doesn't know were or whether to place people before or after other things. Most people would agree with the assertion that the Democrats have moved to the left of center in their policies.

4. The Greens. (irrational Left).
                      Allied to all things green and little furry things that go squash in the night when road trains run over them. Opposed to everything and everyone on general principles and would love to see us all swinging from the trees again.
                      Political stance: Puts ALL things before people.
                      People are mean sadistic fools that should not inherit the Earth, so the Greens are going to place as many obstacles, to the general population's search for happiness and well being, as they can hoodwink the people into accepting.

Only the Liberals and the Labour Party have any realistic possibility of forming a government.

Comment

GOP - Grand Ol'(d) Party
                        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Don't even think about comparing the Tories with the GOP scum...
                          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

orange

so what about shrub's spelling qualities? any funny examples?

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
                              Don't even think about comparing the Tories with the GOP scum...
                              No, of course not. We all know the Tories are the rascist ones, while the GOP is the homophobic one .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X