Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French make their own "ultimate army" game, ultimate surrender!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets add in the 30 Years War. French would have gotten their asses kicked if they weren't saved by the Swedish and other Germans. 1-2-2.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

What about Italy, I seem to remeber Italy having problems with powerhouses like Albania and Ethiopia.
      When one is someone, why should one want to be something?
      ~Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
        To be fair, the poles had little they could fight with, and they put up a valiant struggle - truly noble.
        Trying to use cavalry to charge tanks is brave but not very smart.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yeah. Everyone knows they should have just built a phalanx and fortified it at a mountain fortress.
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

1-2-1 is bull, because Napoleon was in one era before that. plus, Germany was not one when he gave Europe love. so we only count from 1870, and that'd be 0-1-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
              Yeah. Everyone knows they should have just built a phalanx and fortified it at a mountain fortress.
              basic defense: 2

mountain: +200
              fortress: +50
              fortify: +50
              possibly veteran: +50

def = 2*(1+2+.5+.5+.5) = 9.

A mere armor of us would have crushed them

Comment

Originally posted by ThePantaloonDog
                What about Italy, I seem to remeber Italy having problems with powerhouses like Albania and Ethiopia.
                and Greece, and Yugoslavia, although these were probably more of a challenge than Albania or the Abessinian horsemen (armed with spears). but then, still no match for a great power, which Italy obviously wasn't

Comment

And Napoleon defeated the Prussians repeatedly, but seriously has France ever surrendered since they acquired nuclear weapons?
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

Has France ever been in a war since they've had nukes?

BTW, Napoleon defeated Prussia once. Prussia then defeated Napoleon, after his Russian campain.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePantaloonDog
                      the Italians werent stoped by the Albanians, but by the Greeks...

and you cant hold that against them
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Markos, I find it hard to make Hellas powerful in EU2. What is the trick? (I released Hellas as the Ottomans in 1700, where do I go from here?)

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Trying to use cavalry to charge tanks is brave but not very smart.
                          Just ask the designer of civ 3 that

Archers and calvalry can often take down panzers!

Comment

And Napoleon defeated the Prussians repeatedly, but seriously has France ever surrendered since they acquired nuclear weapons?

Has France ever been in a war since they've had nukes?
                            They surrendered in Vietnam in the 50's. When did the French get nukes?
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I was just thinking that.....not sure.

Comment

Also in the 50s , IIRC , Big Crunch.

They also left Algiers.
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X