Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which nuclear powers would you say are most likely to ignite a nuclear holocaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

south korea is like japan; although it undoubtedly could develop a nuclear weapon, is is not allowed to, as the united states prohibits them from it.

and i'll have to buck the trend here. nkorea has no reason, no motive to use nuclear weapons. its only targets would be japan (quite unlikely, nkorea bears far less ill wil towards japan than would be expected-- much money comes from it) and skorea (would not attack skorea with nukes at all-- they want the land. this wouldn't prevent them from bc weapons, however, i believe.)

besides, nkorea may be run by an ars3hole, but that ars3hole is a lot brighter and a lot less crazy than people seem to think he is.
    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

BTW I think the most likely nation to use Nukes is China. The Communist Chinese are planning to triple their number of war heads and introduce new intercontential missles. The senerio would be Indian attempting to regain the 25% of Cashmire that the Chinese invaded & occupied in the late fifies, which the Indians still claim, or the Chinese might use Nukes to stop Indian convential forces from sweeping Pakistan.
      India may be bold enough to take on Pakistan, but they are never crazy enough to take on China who has both a much better conventional and nuclear force. If China really decides to help out Pakistan, India would be the first one using nukes to prevent their forces from being overrun by the Chinese and Pakistanis.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
        Al Qaeda, if they have any.

Israel, if in the relevant position of a war.

Iraq, if not watched carefully.

India and Pakistan, both are raving tits.
        Ecthelion - watched carefully? I thought you EU types were in favor of appeasement?
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I'm just curious- why would china want to help Pakistan?

They already have more people than they can handle.; Besides, they know they would never stand a chance against the US (Who would probably get involved, should they try to overrun India) on the sea or in the Air. Furthermore, they obviously have no love for the muslim fundamentalists, so what would they have to gain from involvement in kashmir? More tall, frigid mountains?
          http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
          Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
          ------------------------
          ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Did you know that for 8 out of every 24 hours a Canadian is in charge of the Strategic Air Command? That means that there is a one in three chance that it would actually be a Canadian who launches the attack!
            Don't you mean NORAD? SAC no longer exists (is now Strategic Command IIRC) and was a USAF unit. NORAD is a joint defense organization covering air defense for the USA and Canada, and the Deputy Commander of NORAD is always a Canadian.
            |"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
            | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man

I agree completely with everything you say. And incidentally, this helps support my contention that the Americans will be the next to use nukes, as well as being the first. Thanks!

Can't fault that good 'ol Yankee reasoning...
              You're not a stickler for logic are you?

If there was a time when the US would have been likely to drop another nuclear bomb on someone surely it would have been in the 4 years between V-E day and the testing of the first Russian weapon. During this time the Russians made it clear that they were permanently occupying Eastern europe and they made aggressive motions towards other areas of Europe they weren't occupying. They stirred up trouble all over the world. The easy thing for the US to do would have been to vaporize the Red Army, but it didn't because it cared about the consequences and was willing to apply other, more difficult remedies to contain Stalin.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

- Pakistan and India. With all the fanaticism used in their war, you never know when the limit will be passed.
                - Israel. Israel is the only powerful Civ whose very survival is threatened through conventional war (because of its tiny size, and the uniqueness of the Jewish State). They would do anything to avoid being pushed to the sea. Even answering conventional war with nukes, should they lose.

I don't believe that the so called axis of evil, nor western countries would start the mess. I also don't think that ME countries (except Israel) would start it either. However, everybody will be willing to answer disproportionately, if it's attacked.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus

Irrelevent. The fact remains that to this day, the US and the US alone, has ever dared to use nuclear weapons in a war. No other country, no matter how "evil" has ever done this. It's only logical to asume that a nation who has used these weapons of terror in the past, is more likely to use them again.
                  Well, hell's bells, Saint Marcus. Using that logic, it means it's only a matter of time before Germany reverts to Nazi Germany and the Nazi armies retake Europe. After all, it's only logical that if a nation once pursued and was ruled by the Nazis, that it "is more likely" to go the Nazi route again.

Stupid-sounding? Yeah, but I'm just mimicking you, boy.

Gatekeeper
                  "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper

Well, hell's bells, Saint Marcus. Using that logic, it means it's only a matter of time before Germany reverts to Nazi Germany and the Nazi armies retake Europe. After all, it's only logical that if a nation once pursued and was ruled by the Nazis, that it "is more likely" to go the Nazi route again.

Stupid-sounding? Yeah, but I'm just mimicking you, boy.

Gatekeeper
                    Yes, and after their country is overrun by jackbooted thugs Dutch youth will flock to the Teutonic cause once again. Did you know that during WW2 more Dutch citizens served in Hitler's armies than in their own nation's defense?
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Yes, and after their country is overrun by jackbooted thugs Dutch youth will flock to the Teutonic cause once again. Did you know that during WW2 more Dutch citizens served in Hitler's armies than in their own nation's defense?
                      Heh heh heh.

The US is only at its best when killing fascists. It's a skill, like anything else.
                      http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
                      Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
                      ------------------------
                      ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Dr Strangelove:

Hmm ... no, I wasn't aware of that little tidbit.

Which occupied nation sheltered the Jewish people the most from Nazi atrocities? It seems like I remember the Dutch were supposed to have been fairly good about giving such shelter and protection.

Don't get any ideas, Saint Marcus. You're a fool 98 percent of the time, attributable to youth and ignorance, but I shall strive to avoid painting your nation in the same vein. After all, you are but an individual of dubious nature.

Gatekeeper
                        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
                          Two wrongs never make a right.

Your defense of the use of nukes is: the japs were worse.

Rather poor argument.

The japs weren't worse: their soldiers were entrenched, their citizens were being armed, and they weren't going to give up any of their homeland. The consequences of dropping two atomic bombs was deemed acceptable by ALL Allied powers, when compared to the number of soldiers that would be lost if they tried to invade Japan.

I would say that, aside from terrorists with nuclear weapons, China and North Korea are the most likely to use them. They have been openly hostile to the US and her allies, stolen secret nuclear information so that their nuclear weapons can reach American cities, and continue their aggressive policies.

Here are some tidbits of information about how much of a warmongering, trigger happy nation the US is:

Ronald Reagon tried to get the USSR to agree to cutting both nuclear arsenals in half, and then possibly eliminate them entirely. SDI(which worried the Soviets VERY much) was, like the missile shield of today, called a threat to peace, bla bla bla. Reagon offered to give the Soviets the SDI technology, if and when it became available.

I'm starting to grow weary of these uninformed comments about the US and allies. Form your opinions from personal experience and real life, not by reading editorials blaming America for everything.

Comment

Working...
                          X