No announcement yet.

How to win the War on Terrorism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oooh, now there's a lovely thought. The Israeli/Palestinian bloodbath writ large.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoDoc
      IIRC, The same thing was said before the Libya raid.
      A bombing attack is one thing, it's another seeing US tanks rolling through Bagdad.

But it could go either way, it might even cause some of the moderates to have hope and assert themselves against the fanatics, if they see US help forthcoming.
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• Chris:

"Bush is not predictable, it's hard to say how he will decide."

Maybe he'll just toss a coin.

"I don't believe there is a heavy risk of failure"

Depends on what you see as a failure. The main risk of failure comes after a successful invasion in the "and now what?" phase. The lunatic hawks in the admin have not only not provided a clear plan how to oust saddam, but they haven't even addressed the mich bigger problem of what to do Iraq then.

"I also think it will inflame the muslim world like nothing else. "

Do you think it's worth it ?

Comment

• The lunatic hawks in the admin have not only not provided a clear plan how to oust saddam, but they haven't even addressed the mich bigger problem of what to do Iraq then.

heh, i'm sure the pentagon has dozens of plans on how to topple Saddam, they're just kept secret. They have been "warring" him for a decade now, it would be very strange if they didn't have some plans now.
          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
          Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

• I'm sure there are lots of military scenarios around, but the question is which one to chose under the circumstances, and what the political plan is.

Comment

• Do I think it's worth it?

Only if there is a realistic plan of action on what to do in a post Saddam era, not a "what do we do now?" thing you mentioned.
              They better have a viable plan on what to do for an Iraqi government.

I have given it some consideration, and in the long run, I think the benifits would out-weigh the short-term deficits, but again, only if some effective fair government is brought there.

The danger is that such a government would NEVER be accepted by a number of fanatics (like our mysterious friend OBL, for example), but I have hope that many Muslim people are growing tired of being crushed under the medieval rule of hard-line fundementalists, and will do something to free themselves from them.
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• Didn't I say no scratching and biting?

Comment

Working...
                X