No announcement yet.

Police Brutality at LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see a gash, but that cop looks mad as hell.
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• Well, if it was up to me, that wouldn't bode well for his future career, anger management being important and all that.
      But I'm wondering if anyone can actually point out the gash, or is it something always spotted by someone else.
      "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
      - Lone Star

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris 62
        Kamrat, each city and state (all of which have seperate police forces) in the US has it's own requirements, there is no uniform guidlines to follow, so there is no "US Police Academy" as such.

In NY they do a psychological profile, but considering that people like Justin Volpe (The guy who assaulted Louima with a stick) seems to have passed it means it can't be very reliable.
        I knew that the different states had separate police forces, but I didn´t know that it was the same with different cities. Does that mean that a NYC cop doesn´t have any jurisdiction in Albany for instance? And isn´t that a bit complicated?
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamrat X
          I knew that the different states had separate police forces, but I didn´t know that it was the same with different cities. Does that mean that a NYC cop doesn´t have any jurisdiction in Albany for instance? And isn´t that a bit complicated?
          Not really. Most city cops are kep busy dealing with stuff inside their own jurisdiction.

On the other hand, IIRC, some metro areas have different cop forces different areas. Metro Montreal used to have half a dozen different police forces.
          Golfing since 67

Comment

• And in more news, yet another case of cops beating up a suspect.

Two Oklahoma City cops were videotaped beating up a man.

Edit: The cops are white, the guy being beaten is black.

One thing is clear. If you're a black American you sure the hell can't trust the cops.
            Last edited by Tingkai; July 13, 2002, 05:53.
            Golfing since 67

Comment

• It´s interesting the way these filmed beatings now seem to surface in hordes. The media must be having a field day
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Metro Montreal used to have half a dozen different police forces

There has only been the MUC for as long as I remember...
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaakko
                  But I'm wondering if anyone can actually point out the gash, or is it something always spotted by someone else.
                  It's been mentioned in the news and you can see it in stills of the tape. I have seen what appears to be a gash (but an oddly shaped one, kind like a question mark), but like I wrote before, no blood. That's what has me going, . If it is a head wound, it should be bleeding all over the place.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                    Metro Montreal used to have half a dozen different police forces

There has only been the MUC for as long as I remember...
                    I thought each of the municipalities their own police force. Guess I'm wrong.
                    Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                    X