Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now for Mile End. You'll find that zugzwang for all of you
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• White City

Terrible move, lovely name.
      yada

Comment

• Ahhh! A Doom monster!

But I will continue on, putting my fear aside to set the wheels turning:

Barkingside
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Mmmmm, due to that lovely Ealing Broadway nisbet converter coupled with a circle line 3 station shunt diverting off to the Northern line leaves me with:

Mornington Crescent

Excellent. Anyone care for another game? I'll start:

Pimlico
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Well, you win because everyone else is too bored to disagree with you. Well done.

I will play some random tube station that happened to be the first one I saw when I loaded up the map, and then pretend I thought it through, citing some completely fictitious tactic:

Finchley Road

a subtle variation on the Hydeman-Parks (Queen's Shilling) opening.

This is a bold, radical, untried approach, but I'll be interested to see what kind of game it leads to... No doubt it will be competely different from any other game of Mornington Crescent we've ever played.
            Last edited by Seneca; July 11, 2002, 21:20.
            yada

Comment

• Ah, a new game. Damn. All my plotting for naught. In this game, though, I'm sure, Harrison will reach his:

Waterloo
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Interesting, although if not played right, or if one of your opponents plays well, could lead to a very weak midgame, so be on your guard Seneca. So before I go to bed, I shall initiate a Brixton-Vauxhall trinisbet gambit with Knightsbridge
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• I know what I'm doing.

Which is more than you will, as you struggle to cope with:

Kensall Rise
                  yada

Comment

• I'm going to cross the 't's and dot the 'i's in this game, evaluating every move to the letter. This next one is part and parcel of the famous 1810 TransAtlantic tourney, which lead almost directly to the War of 1812. Sad that such a wonderful game like Mornington Crescent can lead to bloodshed, but a magnificient game, and I shall start with the American's gambit that started the dominoes falling:

Park Royal

Comment

Working...
                    X