Mornington Crescent: Northern League Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornington Crescent: Northern League Version

Join me once again, my friends, to play the game that never ends. Until someone reaches Mornington Crescent.
    This month, we shall be playing the Northern League Variation of the standard rules (2002 update of course); the outline of which can be reviewed here, and the details can of course be referred to in the International Mornington Crescent Society rulebook, a Bible for regular players. If for any reason you do not have the handbook (newbies ) you can order a concise version online here.

For those who do not have the map on their PCs () that is
    here.

I shall open with the location of the 'Poly meet, as it may be the closest I get.
    Leicester Square
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

I think I'll counter that with a classic Scandinavian Brain Boggler... Ruislip. Leicester to Ruislip, I think Benny Johansson in the 3rd Edition Championship Games of 1955 at Bergen used the same variant. In the opening game against Yuri Ketorin, if I recall correctly.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Could someone explain me the rules for that?

Comment

search 'Poly for past MC threads.
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

no.

Comment

I think Benny Johansson in the 3rd Edition Championship Games of 1955 at Bergen used the same variant. In the opening game against Yuri Ketorin, if I recall correctly.

You recall correctly. But then you will also remember that Ketorin countered with Maida Vale... Johansson was never to be heard again of...
            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
            And notifying the next of kin
            Once again...

Comment

Honestly, guys, there's no need for a complicated opening. I'm just going to go for the straightforward Notting Hill Gate which means I'm not prone either of Freud's 1999 double-shunt manoevres...
              Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

true, but you are vulnerable to a Circle nisbit steal from Greenford

Comment

Yes but dear Hueij, Johansson didn't go underground permanently, he resurfaced in the 1964 games after eight years of meditation in Tibet. He returned, and won two consecutive World League tournaments before dying of cardiac arrest in 1965. Many say he would have become the world's greatest player had he not perished prematurely.

But now, I'll quit rambling and play Kensall Rise, using the Elk-Fjord Ellipse, another one of Johansson's brilliant first-quarter moves.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Seems like you are leaving me no options, but to open with Shuttney manouver circa '76 with Woodford
                    "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

I declare Golders Green as home, and now move Grange Hill. All those pesky schoolkids should put paid to the Circle Nisbit steal...

Comment

I'll have a try.

I'm at Mornington Crescent. Have I won the game now?

Comment

What's the penalty for declaring a false Mornington Crescent? Four turns or expulsion?

Comment

No you haven't, since you failed to call out "Storstarvlax" before doing so.

Comment

que?

Comment

Working...
                              X