Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"European inability to act. The U.S. acted in both Bosnia and Kosovo."

Kosovo was a ****-up.

Bosnia was down to our own ineptitude. Which is prolonged by US intervention. Which is also one purpose of such intervention, see Kosovo.

So the US "acting" isn't a net benefit. Even upholding Bosnia, it's balanced by Kosovo.

Is that all ? Even conceding your point, would still be a net negative.

Comment

we are talking about now. Not the past. And since you're backing out of Bosnia and Kosovo, our alliance with you lost it's last little bit of meaning.
      Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Kosovo wasn't at all a fvck-up. It was ill prepared, had high risk of failure, and was poorly executed, but it was a success.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

A success ? What ?

Comment

Yes, a success, given the circumstances.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Dan, I have to agree with Saint Marcus and Roland. With allies that keep acting like this, we should cut our ties sooner rather than later. These are not allies but enemies.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

if we are your enemies, than what do you call Iraq?
                <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

In that case Ned someone should tell our troops in Afghanistan they're fighting the wrong side.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

"we are talking about now. Not the past."

Might I remind you that Europe was turned away by Arafat. If Arafat doesn't pay you mind even when he is in an extremely weak position, who else will?

Comment

"These are not allies but enemies."

Opponents. Rivals. Whatever.

Enemy is hopelessly exaggerated.

But yes, let's make it a formal divorce.

Comment

Might I remind you that Europe was turned away by Arafat. If Arafat doesn't pay you mind even when he is in an extremely weak position, who else will?
                        when was that?
                        I was under the impression that the Isreali's wouldn't allow a meeting.
                        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

"Might I remind you that Europe was turned away by Arafat. "

You speak in riddles.

Comment

"I was under the impression that the Isreali's wouldn't allow a meeting."

You might be correct. Perhaps I misremembered.

Comment

I'm for it Roland, nations should conduct their own affairs, unhindered by "allies' who disagree.

What does the US bring the EU?

Nothing but trouble now, in the past the alliance had value.
                              What does the EU bring the US?

A continent of footdragging and hubris.

Time we went our seperate ways.

I would rather fight a coalition then be part of one....Napoleon, said while he was winning.
                              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Arafat did want to meet us. the Nazis wouldn't let us sadly.
                                Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Working...
                                X