The US will soon run out of allies if it keeps acting like this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The US will soon run out of allies if it keeps acting like this

Last edited by Saint Marcus; July 1, 2002, 11:12.
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Our allies need us more than we need our allies, especially the Netherlands.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
      Our allies need us more than we need our allies.
      We might end up getting a nasty surprise with this kind of thinking, because it ain't all that true.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

you can't fight your war on drugs and your war on terror alone.

besides, in the future you may need more help from others. And they will have remembered this. Don't be so short sighted.

Comment

Our allies need us more than we need our allies, especially the Netherlands.
          Apart from the NL troll - this so called "alliance" is a net negative for the EU. Absent some dramatic change it will be liquidated in maybe 10 years.

Comment

especially the Netherlands
            we don't need you. Nobody is targetting Holland. Recent investigations have also shown that terrorists, including and specifically Al Qaida, aren't going to target Holland.

Comment

"you can't fight your war on drugs and your war on terror alone."

I agree. But think about the global security guarantee that the US offers to countries such as the Netherlands.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Apart from the NL troll - this so called "alliance" is a net negative for the EU. Absent some dramatic change it will be liquidated in maybe 10 years.
                With the US acting like this: about Goddamn time.

Comment

But think about the global security guarantee that the US offers to countries such as the Netherlands.
                  we have no enemies

guess why even Gadaffi wanted the Lockerby court on Dutch soil. Nobody has a quarrel with us.

Comment

"Absent some dramatic change it will be liquidated in maybe 10 years."

On what do you base this opinion?

Comment

on the way the US is acting nowadays. and this recent event is the worst since a long time.

Comment

"we have no enemies "

Again, I agree. But countries with which you do business most definitely have enemies and potential enemies.

Comment

But think about the global security guarantee that the US offers to countries such as the Netherlands.
                          You mean the global insecurity guarantee that the US provided to "those who are not with us" ?

Comment

Yes, such as North Korea, Iran and Iraq. Plus Syria and Libya, when we're in a bad mood. That whole Axis of Evil thingy.

Comment

On what do you base this opinion?
                              Name me one advantage for the EU from this so-called "alliance".

Comment

Working...
                              X