Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good atheists go to heaven. Bad Christians do not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One last thing, I say we hold off giving Ashie the boot It woud be most prudent if we simply allowed him to continue his status as one of Apolytons most entertaining denizens. A few ill words may have been said yes but Ashie's value as a great board member should allow him two free insults or get out of trouble with1 Ming cards at any time. And with that I do say good evening1
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
      If I were a mod I'd ban you for thinking you had the mods under your thumb. But I'm a bastard like that. (Hmm, I'm going to report this post to the mods for such an insult)

Now you'll never be. Anyone who even hints at wanting to be a mod is automatically disqualified!
      HAVE A DAY.
      <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
      "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
      For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

• I have zero desire to be a moderator, I've stated that forever. I don't know why anyone does it.

I was an OTF moderator on the other big civ site from those years ago, and the job sucks. You have to act all mature all the time, where's the fun in that?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Figures.
          HAVE A DAY.
          "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
          For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            Oh yes it is...
            Next insult out of you... and you will indeed find out that it IS against the rules here.

It's ok to disagree, it's NOT OK to insult people.

You seem to react very strongly to insults when tied to religion. Half the threads here contain worse remarks than those maligning another poster's intelligence.
            I know I am, simply because religion threads generally instantly deteriorate to nothing more than a pissing match between an athiest or ten and a religious poster or ten.

Kind of like ME threads, etc. That's why I keep trying to avoid them.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• MtG, how do you think Asher should be dealt with?
              HAVE A DAY.

Comment

• Originally posted by mindseye
                If a man kidnapped a woman and gave her the choice of loving him or being tortured, it would be called a sick act of a psychopath. When someone's diety does the same thing, it's called free choice from a loving god.
                A better analogy might be:

If a man (creator) made a son and that son cursed his creator and rejected every act of kindness offered and became an enemy of his creator and slandered him should the creator give him a place along side of his children that were grateful?

Should an ungrateful person who goes about slandering a being who offers hope to the poor and despised and rejected people of the world go without punishment? I know people who have committed suicide when they lost all hope and I know atheists who make it their life's work to destroy the hope of salvation. I don't think hell will be hot enough. And even having said that, I still must say that God even offers hope to someone who does actively destroy the hope of the innocent if they repent. When even that grace is despised and rejected then the scoffer gets what he deserves. I won't be shedding any tears on that day.

Comment

• Cloud9, please get off of your high horse and quit spamming the thread. You ought to create a "I think that Asher should be banned" thread if you want to keep voicing your opinion on the matter.
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Both Cloud and Asher deserve censure for their comments, but I think despite obnoxiousness banning is going too far.

I was going to post on free-will again, but I think I'll save it for another day

Comment

• People call my stupid all the time. I guess I don't complain because I'm not a cry baby and that I know they're wrong.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
                        People call my stupid all the time. I guess I don't complain because I'm not a cry baby and that I know they're wrong.
                        Who's to say I'm a cry baby? Rules are rules. BTW, I take that as an insult.
                        HAVE A DAY.

Comment

• Originally posted by CygnusZ
                          Doubtful, considering that Xenophanes lived before Socrates.

Then again, I'm not sure exactly how accurate these birth/death dates really are.

Socrates 469-399
                          Xenophanes 570-475
                          Socrates most definitely appears on the works of Xenophone.

Plato stole all the glory though (and rightfully so) as the one most prevalent philosopher to "depict" Socrates life.

Boris, that's what I said. There are qwuestions by some historians to wether Socrates did in fact exist.

The theory is that Plato created Socrates as a fictional character to put forth his philosophical ideas.

I'm not sure btu and I don't think this is the prevalent conclusion amongst historians though.

BTW very interesting to see the translation to english of Aristophanes' play title.

The Clouds...

It is Nefeles in greek BTW.
                          (which primary meaning is indeed clouds but not only).

Comment

• I didn't even think Xenophanes had the resources to write any volume of text. Well, I certainly have read smaller fragments...

Could you point me in the right direction to find a Xenophanes text where Socrates makes an appearance?

Comment

• Xenophone. Xenophontas in greek. (are we talking about the same man?)

He wrote an alternative version of The Apology IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                              X