No announcement yet.

German court rules Nazi reprisal executions justified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our warfare should revert to a 1070 AD standard. Very Manzikert, very Chivalry, wars very religion-based.

Comment

• I'd rather be taken a POW, SH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthelion
        Our warfare should revert to a 1070 AD standard. Very Manzikert, very Chivalry, wars very religion-based.
        Geez Ecthelion, have you ever read anything about the way the Crusaders conducted warfare? They were as bad as the Nazis about butchering prisoners and civilians.

Wasn't Chivalry a 14th or 15th century idea?
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthelion
          I'd rather be taken a POW, SH.
          Its not always possible. "Saving private Ryan" showed a good example of the conflicts faced by troops who were not in a position to take a POW.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Probably was. At least knights dfidn't fly planes, but you're right, anything pre-1200 would be barbaric. So let's just say ... erm... well, was there ever a tiem when civilians... yeah, 19th century. If I'm not mistaken, then civilians were least harmed in 18th and 19th century. enough technology to supply soldiers without the population totally declining in the area, not enough technology to make population a target.

unless it came t ocity bombardments, of course

Comment

• Didn't see that movie.

But I tell you one thing. If you guys ever invade us, I'll be a partisan

Comment

• Well you better hope someone like Ned catches you and not someone like me
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

• Someone like Ned would end up in his own country pseudo-debating things to death.

I know, but look: there's that airport in the north of this ctiy, where I live. The military is to abandon it, but it might re-activate it under some circumstances. I'd be dead anyway, due to precise American bombing. Therefore, I'd rather fight

Where's that AK..

Comment

• Ah, but then you should rather put on a uniform and defend your country. Thats a totally different matter then if I could take you POW I would.

Comment

• But I'd have to take orders and couldn't be the cool guy in my neighbourhood.

That attitude is very Chechnya, I know.

Comment

• a good nazi is a dead nazi.

simple.
                        now move on

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH

The objective in war is to kill the enemy not to be some kind of chivalrous knight.
                          A quote directly from Patton, I believe.

I think the objective is to defeat the enemy with as few casualties on both sides as possible.

I believe your attitude, Spencer, is what the ICC calls "no quarter." If what you said is really true, the use of poison gas, bio-weapons or battlefield nuclears weapons would be quite permissible because the objective of piling up the corpses as high as possible would be the thing to do in all circumstances.

Earlier in this thread we had the example of the English soldiers being massacred while assualting a German position. The Brits felt the German troops had gone way to far in defense of their position.
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Heh, and the Germans were supposed to do what, as long as they saw a possibility?

Of course, they could have given up as soon as they noticed the enemy was overwhelming, but we don't know the details about that combat phase.

Comment

• Originally posted by paiktis22
                              a good nazi is a dead nazi.

simple.
                              now move on
                              So - Engel is a Nazi. No further crime need be alleged. Just shoot him now.

Is that your position?
                              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Ned, this is a n odd conflict. Paiktis is a spammer, you're a debater. There's no point for you in replying to short comments of him like that.

Engel is too old for that rap anyway, but I get the feeling he's to be considered guilty, but again:

We don't know the friggin details

Comment

Working...
                                X