• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orange
    George Steinbrenner

Ha. Ha ha. Hahaha! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Let's-go-Yank-ees! *clap, clap, clapclapclap*

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Ronald Reagan
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

Ronald Reagan? Edgar J?
        Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Ronald Reagan
        Well, that's two votes, I guess.

Psychotic Bastard? I don't think so. Ronny wasn't a lunatic... senile yes, wacko no. Nancy on the other hand...

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
          Ronald Reagan

"Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Chegitz, I was thinking of old Papa Doc Douvalier. He fits perfectly.
            I refute it thus!
            "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Well, the Reverand Jim Jones of the Guyana massacre would be a definite religo/social candidate.
              Influencing scores of people to drink Rat Poison Grape Kool-Aid ranks right up there.
              Put him in the "Charismatic Cuckoo" sub-section. And don't forget David Koresh and that dude with the Nike/Asteroid death cult a few years back. Applewhite I think his name was.
              I think those groups are fascinating...
              Life and death is a grave matter;
              all things pass quickly away.
              Each of you must be completely alert;
              never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

They are, but I'm more interested in nuggets from the distant past for two reasons...

1- They're more likely to be a novel experience.

2- There's more scope for evil gossip being passed off as fact.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Hmmmm...sadly, our great land is bereft of such people, and we can't be bothered (in fact, it's against the school charters) to learn of other cultures.

But what about bastard explorers like Cortez? That would be a nice peek at subjugation and horror.
                  Life and death is a grave matter;
                  all things pass quickly away.
                  Each of you must be completely alert;
                  never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

hmmmm or the in-fighting successors of Pizarro, there's some fun guys...
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Mohammed

Married a 9-year old, had visions from god, and set out to conquer the world.

The very image of a raving lunatic sex maniac.
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Ooh, Pizarro, yes. Certainly one of history's worst bastards.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Jesus:

Thought he was the Son of God and started preaching it to people, who actually believed him. Loony to the max.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Basileios II Bulgaroktonos (the Slaughterer of the Bulgarians), a Byzantine Emperor.

After he won the battle of Kleidion against a Bulgarian army, he ordered 14000 soldiers to be blinded with a branding iron... out of a hundred men, one lucky soldier only got one eye burned, so that they could lead the sad army home... altogether, it makes 27 860 eyes. I'd say that qualifies as a 'barkind mad psychopath'.

Strangely enough, the christians seem to remember Basileios as a good, fair and just emperor... as they remember the Roman Commodus.

edit: He lived around year 1000, cannot remember the exact figures...
                            You make my life and times
                            A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

Timor the Lame

Still lies in state in Sarmarkand

Laid waste from Moscow to Delhi, from China to Damascus. Once had his men decapitate every man in Damascus and stack the heads in piles before him. He got 80,000 by the morning.
                              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Strangely enough, the christians seem to remember Basileios as a good, fair and just emperor.
                                Well he was pretty good at getting what he set out to do done (ie driving the bulgarians out of the Empire and smacking them down hard) and his reign was fairly stable once he got established. The only major thing he did wrong from a Machiavellian standpoint is not have a kid and let his idiot brother succead him and undo a lot of the good he did for the Empire.
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X