Terract in Jenin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terract in Jenin!

Israeli troops have fired tank shells at Palestinians in a marketplace in the West Bank town of Jenin, killing at least three civilians and injuring more than 20 others.

www.my-piano.blogspot

Horrible.

The official arguments will probably end up being along the lines of "they started it"

Comment

And after days/weeks/months of anti-israeli trolling, it will be found out that these "civilians" all had ak-47s, explosives strapped to their chests, and maps of Israeli elementary schools.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This is getting old Israel/Palestine, nobody is going to take either side seriously as long as this keeps up.
        "Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality" Jules de Gaultier, French writer

Comment

After weeks, namely exactly as soon as the IDF hits one of those guys accidentally. That'll be a new "yeah, we killed many mothers in ambulances, but weeks later there was a terrorist in an ambulance we destroyed without looking before, so that's an excuse for everything".

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
            Horrible.

The official arguments will probably end up being along the lines of "they started it"
            Or even the Apolyton arguments.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

An Israeli army spokeswoman told BBC News Online that the unit in Jenin had "erred in its action".

The army has begun an investigation into what it says are accidental killings.
              I take it you fellas don't believe them?

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I tend not to believe that army. It's difficult to accidentally shoot int a crowd.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Just checking.

We can't know for sure, though, since we didn't see it. I don't have faith that either combatant (Israel/Pals) will tell the whole truth about what happened. What's the saying? "Truth is the first casualty of war." Seems to apply.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I guess "one ofthem was running toward the tansk screaming and carrying many weapons, as well as an explosives belt and a nuclear bomb meant to be planted in New York City".

Comment

It would have to be a hell of a blast to reach here Andy.

I have no words for this, if they did kill civilians, they should be punished, on the other hand, there is every chance that the "innocents" were firing on them, we never get a clear picture till much later, so condemnations are pointless at this jucture.
                      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                        It would have to be a hell of a blast to reach here Andy.

I have no words for this, if they did kill civilians, they should be punished, on the other hand, there is every chance that the "innocents" were firing on them, we never get a clear picture till much later, so condemnations are pointless at this jucture.
                        But Chris, holding condemnation until the facts come in wouldn't be the cool thing to do.
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

That's right.

I was relying on previous threads though.

Comment

Actually it was a mistake.

There was a curfew, but apparently several Palestinians somehow got the idea that the curfew was over.

When they approached a group carrying out a mission of house to house search, a tank opened fire aimed near them, to scare them away, and possibly some troops opened fire as well.

The dead are a 50 y/o male and 3 children. If during the time of the shooting it was clear that those were innocent children, it would constitute and illegal order.

The problem is, that the curfew is there for a reason. The reason being, that IDF troops would have easier time, since the assumption is that civilians are obeying the curfew, and most disobeyers are people with malicious intent.

In another, unrelated incident, a kid was killed when a house near it was blown up. The house contained a laboratory for explosives. The houses around the target are always cleared, but it appears that the kid and his family didn't leave their home.

Comment

anyway.. I think that electrical fence is the best idea by far...
                              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                              X