No announcement yet.

3 - 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's 32 I think. He would have quit after Euro 2000, but coach Morten Olsen talked him into staying on. He's been very valuable in our midfield alongside Thomas Gravesen these past couple of years.

Oh well, each World Cup has its casualties I guess. Much worse four years ago when both of the Laudrups quit.

I always thought Robbie and Roy Keane were brothers, aren't they?

Comment

Ah, I thought he was younger than that.

No, they aren't related at all.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
        That was generally my impression too.

I wouldn't say that England was lucky to win though. On the day, England was clearly the better team.

Did you hear Stig Tøfting (Bolton) quit the national team? He'll fulfill his two-year contract with Bolton and then stop altogether.
        I heard that Tofting had an extremely unfortunate teenage life, and that Denmark was absolutely livid at the magazine who dared to tell the nation this..

It's a good story though now that he got to play football at national level.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Yes, I don't even know what the story is (nor do I want to), but it caused an outrage here that the weekly in question decided to run it. Also because Tøfting hadn't told his own children about what occured, and they had to learn from a sleazy magazine while their parents were on the other side of the World. Paparazzi journalism is alive and well, if anybody was in doubt about that.

The weekly's editor was fired over it, but that didn't help Tøfting and his family much.

Comment

Glad to see you all talking so favourably about a Bolton player. Tofting + Warhurst + Nolan in midfield == no prisoners, just casualties.

Comment

You a Bolton fan JohnIII?

Bo Hansen is from my hometown. I've cheered for him on many an occasion in the Danish 2nd division in the early/mid-nineties. One season he scored 28 I believe.

We knew back then we couldn't keep him though. He transfered to Brøndby for the ridiculous sum of £10,000 and went on to England a couple of years later.

He played half a dozen nationals, but didn't have much succes there.

But I always keep an eye on Bolton. Can't be bad.

Comment

A Bolton fan huh? I actually live (outside of term time) nearer to Bolton than Manchester
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                X