Favourite American sit com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely MASH.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

Other: Seinfield, Facts of Life, One Day at a Time, Barney Miller, M*A*S*H, All in the Family and Alf.

Comment

BARNEY MILLER!!! Omigosh, that is one of my all-time favorites, I can't believe I forgot it!

Another all-time favorite I overlooked: WKRP.

I love Lucy is silly, but it is also a classic. Happy Days deserves to be in because of its popularity.

I have no idea what the Three Stooges are doing in there; they are classic comedy, but have nothing to do with sit-coms or television.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk

You also missed All In The Family,
          Never heard of...

The Honeymooners,
          It´s the one with Cybil Shepard and Bruce Willis, right? "Cybill" was a pretty decent show also. Christine Baranski is another great comedienne. Not to mention the foxy Alicia Witt

and The Cosby Show.
          Actually, I haben´t included any of the many sit-coms aimed at the black community. Even if some of them manage to transcend the race barrier.
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Alrighty then.

All In the Family was broadcast in the 1970's, and starred Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker, a cigar chomping ignorant, irrascible, yet somehow likable bigot. Set new standards for quality television, broke all kinds of barriers, added the word "meathead" to the American vocabulary, spawned at least one spin-off (The Jeffersons), and had the first toilet flush in American television history.

You're thinking of Moonlighting. The Honeymooners was an early sitcom that starred Jackie Gleason as Ralph Cramdon, and Art Carney as Ed Norton. Great television.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Jon:

Third Rock

Siro: I had to include some "oldies" for the Poly oldies... Those who grew up with black and white TV, Ming, Dr Strangelove et al

Kyle and Jon: I voted for "Suddenly Susan"! Brooke Shields is quite funny, so is Nestor Carbonelli. Oh, that reminds me "The Tick" (where he plays Batmanuel) is hilarious.

Other sit-coms mentioned:

Ellen Not that funny.

Barney Miller, Larry Sanders Never heard of.

Newsradio and WKRP Same here.

Zkribbler: The one sit-com you mention that I recognize is Alf, and that one is truly...bad... A talking egoistic rodent from outer space.... Sounds funnier than it actually is...

Did I mention "Norm show"? Norm McDonald has a mean sense of humor Alfs "dad" plays the boss BTW

"Grace under fire" is another fairly decent sit-com, Brett Butler is a hottie considered she´s 42

Comment

OK, just to get this straight. All and everyone that voted for any and all of "Nanny", "Suddenly Susan" or "Just shoot me" should be taken to concentration camps this very instant!

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                  OK, just to get this straight. All and everyone that voted for any and all of "Nanny", "Suddenly Susan" or "Just shoot me" should be taken to concentration camps this very instant!
                  *runs from Kropotkins SS-soldiers*

Comment

"Suddenly Susan" did turn to abolute garbage though, when they tried to make it a blueprint of "Drew Carey" Not even Eric Idle could salvage THAT crap...

Comment

Er, Seinfeld, Simpsons, Sex and the City?
                      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

family ties kicked ass

Comment

Cheers is and always will be the best.

NORM
                          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                            Cheers is and always will be the best.

NORM
                            A man with taste.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Norm: Afternoon, everybody.
                              All: NORM!
                              Cliff: Afternoon, everybody.
                              All: silence...

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Another beer Mr petterson?
                                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                                X