No announcement yet.

"I Didn't Want To Get Conscripted"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And after that long patriotic rant i realized i was talking about different thing than is the case here. hooray for me
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Okay I give up. What is a Kebab?

Comment

Originally posted by David James
        Come on and just answer/debate the freaking question...

Is conscription or the apprehension thereof a legitimate grounds for emmigrating and seeking refuge abroad? Should the same be a reason for a host country to grant refuge?
        We don't know whether the shop owner was a refugee or an immigrant. I'd bet that he is an immigrant given that he had enough money to set up his own shop.

As far as immigration goes, the question is usually what they can provide to a country rather than why they are leaving their country.

If the guy was a refugee, I think his status is valid. If he was drafted into the Turkish military he would likely have been forced to kill his own people.

If he lied, who gives a sh!t. He's got his own business. He's paying taxes and he probably employs other people who pay taxes and make other contributions to society.
        Golfing since 67

Comment

Stew has retreated from this thread and never intends to return. He's like a little puppy who takes a sh*t on a carpet but daren't return to the site because he will be in trouble
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln
            Okay I give up. What is a Kebab?

You really don't know?
            It's basically meat. Usually in kebab restaurants it is actually döner kebab (which means "revolving meat"), because the meat is in a skewer, revolving constantly, slowly. The döner kebab here in Finland is usually a mixture of lamb, cow and pig...
            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

But the question is, what parts of lambs, cows and pigs?
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Now, lemmesee the ingredients....

here: "lamb's testicles, cow's corpus callosum and pig's spleen"

*barf*
                I'll never eat kebab again....*gurgggll*...
                I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

The last picture on this page is a doner kebab:

Luvverly, innit?

Comment

Working...
                  X