"I Didn't Want To Get Conscripted"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I Didn't Want To Get Conscripted"

I was talking to the Kurd who runs my favouriote kebab shop last night, and he told me he fleed his country because he did not want to be conscripted.

Is he a legitimate immigrant?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

"legitamate immigrant?" What do you mean? Are you talking about political asylum?

And it's fled, not fleed.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

nice avatar...
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Ask Canadians.

If it looks like you are ever about to get drafted, join.
        You can pick a field that way.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Ask Canadians.

If it looks like you are ever about to get drafted, join.
          You can pick a field that way.
          If it looks like I'm about to get drafted I'M off to Canada...

Oh Hobbes, Asher...

Comment

Thanks Cali.

Aren't Germans conscripted? Should Britain await an influx of Germans who don't want to serve their coutnry?
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Last time I checked, Kurdistan wasn't a country, Stew... would you want to get conscripted by an army that's responsible for killing and torturing your own people?
              Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Re: "I Didn't Want To Get Conscripted"

Originally posted by Boddington's
                I was talking to the Kurd who runs my favouriote kebab shop last night, and he told me he fleed his country because he did not want to be conscripted.

Is he a legitimate immigrant?
                Legitimate??

Is he a legal immigrant?

Or are you talking about if he deserves to be a immigrant in your country?
                Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

Bod, is your new avatar Jean Marie Le Pen?
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

own goal

Comment

looks like it
                      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Yup, definitely an own goal.

Comment

A classic own goal, I'd say...

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
                            Last time I checked, Kurdistan wasn't a country, Stew... would you want to get conscripted by an army that's responsible for killing and torturing your own people?
                            Answer his question.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

If his own people include immigrants like myself (second generation, from Ireland), then probably yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X