No announcement yet.

U.S. must take preemptive action, Bush says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, FG, you can be opposed to US imperialism and the violation of the sovreignty of Iraq, and still be for the Kurds' right to a homeland of their own. They are not mutually contradictory. The principles are the same, the right of each people to determine their own fate and not have it imposed by another.

It is the right of the Iraqi people to overthrow Hussein, not ours. We can support them, but by doing it ourselves we do them no favors.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Che, You might want to revist some stories right after Clinton was acquited. It turned out that Newsweek, I believe, had the story from a woman employee or campaign worker from his Arkansas days that claims Clinton raped her. They had the story before the Senate vote, but chose to sit on it so as to not influence the outcome in the Senate.

I cannot remember the woman's name, however. Her story sounds entirely creditable and was corroborated by one of her friends.

On JFK, I hardly believe that if he forced an employee or campaign worker into sex against her will that we would not have heard about it by now.

I don't know what to think about Monroe.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Well, I don't have anything invested in his innocence. Personally, I think the conservatives were nuts in hating this guy, when he got most of they platform passed for them. There were a lot of real reasons to hate Clinton and to impeach him, but they were never dealth with.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

This from someone who doesnt want to remove Hussien? And is opposed to the no-fly zones?
          This is from someone who puts words in other peoples' mouths.

1. I am not opposed to the no-fly zones. Limiting Saddam's authority is a good thing. That's one reason why the Kurds are doing so well in Northern Iraq, compared to how they were doing in the 80's, or how they've been doing in Turkey for the past couple decades.
          2. I am opposed to removing Saddam insofar that we wouldn't support a viable alternative. Mostly likely, we'd let Turkey swallow Northern Iraq, and then hand over power in Baghdad to a US friendly Iraqi power broker who probably won't be much better than Saddam with respect to treating dissidents, women, Shiites, Kurds, etc., etc.

Of course, it'd be entirely another story if we supported democracy in Iraq and an independent Kurdistan, but how likely do you think that would be?

Spare me your gimmicks, stop acting like you actually care.

That should please the PKK.
          No doubt. A collapse of Kurdish autonomy in Iraq would open more Kurds to more extremist methods of liberation from the Turks.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            Well, I don't have anything invested in his innocence. Personally, I think the conservatives were nuts in hating this guy, when he got most of they platform passed for them. There were a lot of real reasons to hate Clinton and to impeach him, but they were never dealth with.
            As I said before, if one focuses solely on what he accomplished (mostly foreign policy achievements), Clinton did OK.
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
            X