This idiot needs to read a history book or a newspaper:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H Tower
    are you kidding? 11,000 a year is CHEAP. If i went to an out of state school i'd be paying twice as much. One of my friends from california who is also going to the University of Illinois pays more than 20,000 a year. And he's taking almost the exact same schedule as I am. However, I'm told that we have one of the top five engineering school in the US and one of the better business schools, so I guess out of staters still feel like they get their monies worth.
    Had to chuckle on this one, (at least until I try to get my daughter in there)

I got in to the engineering school at U of I (yes it was ranked equally high then) back in 1972. My first semester's tuition was $375.00 But it's still (for residents) the best education bargain in Illinois.

RAH
    And just to be more annoying, it had just been raised and people were *****ing about it.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There's that kind of morons everywhere. Your so called friend just seems dumber than most since he lives in a country where people doesn't get much exposure to other cultures if they don't want to.

As for the school-systems, everywhere its possible to get a education without actually learning anything more than getting grades. My perception of the american colleges are that although there's bound to be big diffrences between schools and cources its pretty basic and simple in average as many college-students are very young and immature. The american supremacy lies at a higher level than ungraduate cources.

Comment

I just thought what kind of a pressure parents go through when child borns.. i bet they go like 'oh my, we have to send our kids to college, we have to start saving NOW', and then they have like ten kids. I would hate myself if i had to say 'sorry, you can't go to college because daddy can't afford it, but hey there's always scolarships'...
        Tough luck.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

You get out of it what you put into it. The US has some excellent undergraduate programs.

It's too bad that buttheads like this one give all Americans a bad name.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
          X