This idiot needs to read a history book or a newspaper:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This idiot needs to read a history book or a newspaper:

Keep in mind im a patriotic American, but I hate idiots who think America rules the world....because it dosent even come close. Anyway with the many inteligent non American posters on this board(most boards im on 90% of the people are Americans.....I find I like this board the most out of any board I post on though heh).

I was just talking to my friend, who is an idiot and he said the following:

Things he's said:
    -Any special forces officer could take out any of the martial arts masters in hand to hand, unarmed/melee, one on one combat.
    -The US Military can take on any enemy force without a problem and is the most battle ready.
    -All the extra security since 9/11 is unnecessary since we *obviously* got all of Al-Qaeda and no other group would DARE attack us, no sir!
    -Just general "US has the best..."
    --Energy Production
    --Economy
    --Cars
    --Sports (He totally disregards the World Cup since its not a major America-based championship)
    --Education system
    --Etc....

Heh, I have friends like that. except they call soccer a "*** sport" because it wasn't created in America. of course they suck at it too.

Comment

Has your friend ever left the States?

If not, with an attitude like that he should be afraid to!

The Americans overseas I have met are fantastic people, great representatives for their country, but I imagine an American like that living overseas wouldn't make many friends.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

by any chance do your friends live in the south or not have access to a newspaper at least once a month?

Comment

This guy wouldn't happen to be a straw man, would he?

Comment

Such people are the greatest threat to US power of all.

If they ever became a majority then US power would have the life expectancy of a candle under the Nigaria Falls.
            19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Unless someone invents a really big umberella
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

--Education system
                "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Ignorance is bliss

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

c'mon Veysan! Those are undisputed facts!

-Any special forces officer could take out any of the martial arts masters in hand to hand, unarmed/melee, one on one combat.

Steven Segal! You mean you've never seen the way he beats the daylights out of all those "ferners" :gasp:

-The US Military can take on any enemy force without a problem and is the most battle ready.

Red Dawn?! Don't tell me you never saw that one!

-All the extra security since 9/11 is unnecessary since we *obviously* got all of Al-Qaeda and no other group would DARE attack us, no sir!

Absolutely true! Al-Qaeda is extinct. No other terrorist organization would even think about trying a stunt like that now! We showed 'em good!

*sigh* I know what you mean, bro....'bout the only thing he sorta got right was the economy....no question that it's the biggest....as for being the best? Depends on what measures you use. In some ways, yes. But it's interesting that of all his statements that was the ONLY one I could find a grain of truth in...lol

-=Vel=-
                    PS: Maybe in overall combat readiness too...since we're pretty mobilized at the moment, but....yeah....tell him to get out more....
                    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

We do have the BEST EDUCATION!!!

For rich people…………
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
                        We do have the BEST EDUCATION!!!

For rich people…………
                        exactly. america has some of the richest rich people that ever riched.
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

exactly. america has some of the richest rich people that ever riched.

That's a very.......Homerish statement.

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

We get those people in Australia too. They're called the One Nation Party.

Comment

Oh, I think our richest rich people get a good education too, what with Oxford and Eton and all.

Comment

Working...
                              X