No announcement yet.

How many of you smoke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing your new BorePost2002, Snapcase?

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny
      Have you ever dissected anything that you thought was very nice? A really foxy bile duct, perhaps?
      I did have the most gorgeous trachea once
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It's interesting to see anti-smoking in Europe. I remember serveral years ago, when I'd go to Europe, it was much more pro-smoking than the US. Didn't realize, even now, that they have no-smoking sections. Is that true?
        Last edited by TCO; June 1, 2002, 13:18.

Comment

noup, no me. haven't even tried.
          My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Originally posted by GP
            Didn't realize, even now, that they have no-smoking sections. Is that true?
            yup! true. atleast here in Finland, every bar and restaurant
            must have smoke-free areas.
            My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Originally posted by GP
              It's interesting to see anti-smoking in Europe. I remember serveral years ago, when I'd go to Europe, it was much more pro-smoking than the US. Didn't realize, even now, that they have no-smoking sections. Is that true?
              hi ,

its even worser now then in the goog old US of A , and its costing more and more , ..........

no more smoking near missile silo's ,..........

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

My friends father died of cancer on Tuesday, and he started smoking when he was 13.

Even if I was tempted to start smoking, that would put me off it completely. Its not a nice death. (by which I mean there are better ways to die)
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  I hate to burst a bubble here, but even the healthiest of lungs still looks pretty disgusting.
                  Yeah... but smoking doesn't help... sigh...
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Are you certain of that, Ming? Maybe cigarette fumes make it even cleaner...

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                      Are you certain of that, Ming? Maybe cigarette fumes make it even cleaner...
                      Positive... I'm a smoker... I can feel the difference... sigh
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Really? How much do you smoke? How much did you smoke earlier?

I'd have thought that real effects on the lung can only be achieved by really massive smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Positive... I'm a smoker... I can feel the difference... sigh
                          hi ,

a Q ; do you smoke in front of the comp , .......
                          do you smoke more when on Apolyton , .........

what kind of sig's you smoke , .......

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I decided to quit smoking about a month ago. The most surprising thing for me was how easily I could quit, I thought it would be much more difficult. Maybe it was because I never smoked that much, something like 6 or 7 cigarettes a day, but during the last 10 years... interesting.

Now I have to say that I do not feel especially healthy because of that. But then, I do not exercise myself either.
                            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I quit smoking two years ago on March 15.

I watched my father die of lung cancer in 1995. He was a strong man, a diamond-driller for most of his life ( physically intense job) so he was in really good shape even though he had smoked most of his life -since he was 15- . Ironically, he had managed to stop smoking about 6 months before he was diagnosed. Maybe he'd felt something was wrong.
                              Took about four months from the diagnosis to the day that he died. He just melted away.
                              I went with him to Quebec city where he received radiotherapy treatments. (We lived i a small town up north where the treatments weren't available). I drove him to the hospital and back to my sister's house during the treatments, so i was with him from the beginning to the end.

And even after going through that, it still took me 5 years to stop. Just goes to show how powerfull that ****ing thing is.
                              What?

Comment

Here in Calgary they just passed a law which forbids minors from entering a smoking section at a public place completely.

This is the first step to banning smoking in public places completely. Bars/Pubs are still unaffected (you need to be 18+ anyway for those), but restaurants for the most part have gone exclusively non-smoking rather than deal with the hassle of IDing people who may be minors entering in.

I think it's a good system...as a nonsmoker.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X