Are homosexuals near extinction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MrFun: Why?

Because I expressed my anger with how everyone needs to find out what causes the deviant behavior of homosexuals?

It's a crock, the only reason you see otherwise is because you've already clearly devoted time into researching it yourself.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I sure would like to know HOW I became gay -- it's fascinating, with the process of researching in just trying to find the best theory of sexual orientation development.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

And in the end they're all theories anyway.

It's like arguing which spice girl is the sexiest -- and they're all fugly.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          MrFun: Why?

Because I expressed my anger with how everyone needs to find out what causes the deviant behavior of homosexuals?

It's a crock, the only reason you see otherwise is because you've already clearly devoted time into researching it yourself.

You're bisexual -- you should know better than this.
          Gay behavior is not deviant or abnormal for homosexuals or bisexuals.

It is normal for me to be gay.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
            You're bisexual -- you should know better than this.
            Gay behavior is not deviant or abnormal for homosexuals or bisexuals.

It is normal for me to be gay.
            If it's not deviant and is normal why are you focusing your efforts onto researching why you are different?

Don't you see how that's an oxymoron?

Comment

I don't see an oxymoron in researching a part of humanity's identity.

Sexual orientation is part of humanity's identity, and therefore, something good or positive.

Researching something does not make that "something" negative or bad.

Comment

I don't see heterosexuals prowling around asking why they're straight.

Maybe you just want to confirm to yourself that you're okay?

Comment

I don't see heterosexuals prowling around asking why they're straight.

Maybe you just want to confirm to yourself that you're okay?
                  You know that saying -- "ignorance is bliss."

If heterosexuals can gain the knowledge of how they become straight, I think that leads us to more enligthenment -- for the first time, we would finally know for certain how sexual orientation develops.

This research will benefit heterosexuals, homosexuals, and bisexuals.

Think of the advance we will make in sex education courses, once we know how a person's sexual orientation develops.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                    You know that saying -- "ignorance is bliss."

If heterosexuals can gain the knowledge of how they become straight, I think that leads us to more enligthenment -- for the first time, we would finally know for certain how sexual orientation develops.

This research will benefit heterosexuals, homosexuals, and bisexuals.

Think of the advance we will make in sex education courses, once we know how a person's sexual orientation develops.

I'm sorry, MrFun, but do you honestly think what studies say is going to change everyone's mind in society about homosexuality?

A more likely scenerio is we'll find a gene that causes or allows for homosexuality, and then in designer babies we'll isolate that gene so it's not possible so we can all have perfect heterosexual blond hair, blue eyed babies.

And then there's even the possibility of CURING homosexuality now that we know how it's caused. Isn't that an exciting possibility?

And you honestly think that this research will benefit people as a whole?

Comment

"ignorance is bliss."
                      And too much ignorance creates personal utopia...

I agree with you Mr. Fun. We need to drop the fear factor and understand humanity as a whole.

"Asher primative is you too a tee." -- blackice
                      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                      Or do we?

Comment

You cannot "understand" humanity -- anyone who pretends to do so is an arrogant ass who knows too little about humanity.

Comment

Well then let's stop now....
                          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                          Or do we?

Comment

Please do.

Comment

I'm sorry, MrFun, but do you honestly think what studies say is going to change everyone's mind in society about homosexuality?

A more likely scenerio is we'll find a gene that causes or allows for homosexuality, and then in designer babies we'll isolate that gene so it's not possible so we can all have perfect heterosexual blond hair, blue eyed babies.

And then there's even the possibility of CURING homosexuality now that we know how it's caused. Isn't that an exciting possibility?

And you honestly think that this research will benefit people as a whole?
                              That ignorance phrase I used was not targeted towards you -- it was to explain why most heterosexuals have not even considered how they became straight. Being straight is the norm, so they feel no need to research sexual orientation.

But in the science fields, that has changed.
                              And I'm hoping now, that there is no genetic cause for sexual orientation development.
                              I need to do more, expanded reading on other theories before I can re-decide what is a stronger theory.

If there does turn out to be some gene, however, I am hoping that ethical standards will prevent widespread abuse and misuse of this genetic knowledge.
                              And of course, new laws would be enacted and enforced.

The society is slowly moving towards more acceptance towards gays and bisexuals.

Comment

Okay, MrFun, you can keep delving into the depths to find out the root cause for homosexuality and bisexuality, meanwhile I'll take the path of "who ****ing cares" because I really wish people would stop caring about sexuality, and I think it's a step backwards for people to dwell on why they are different.

Which is also why I think Gay Pride parades are useless in this modern age.

Comment

Working...
                                X